CGC on 680

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We won't be able to take in 25 recruits a year like Purdue just did. Purdue's average star rating is in the 30's. Bumping up our average recruit strength should be what we are after more than worrying about ranking which is determined largely by class size.

Why is it that we can’t take 25 kids a year?

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
We won't be able to take in 25 recruits a year like Purdue just did. Purdue's average star rating is in the 30's. Bumping up our average recruit strength should be what we are after more than worrying about ranking which is determined largely by class size.

We have certainly had years where we have taken in over 25 players. The Brad Stewart class comes to mind. Generally speaking though you are correct.

What Brohm has done for recruiting at Purdue does show that a coach can outperform historical norms.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
We have certainly had years where we have taken in over 25 players. The Brad Stewart class comes to mind. Generally speaking though you are correct.

What Brohm has done for recruiting at Purdue does show that a coach can outperform historical norms.
Yes, I meant literally "every year" we can't take in 25. There will definitely be years that we do.

Honestly, that class looks really good in 2015. They were all 3 stars, but Anree was a baller, Marcus Marshall was amazing, and AJ Gray was great. That ignores a lot of other difference makers we had. Sadly two of those aren't with us (nor are quite a few others from that class).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yes there have been. Landing 1 in five years, s Iceeater said, is wildly optimistic......
I am wildly optimistic, but not delusional! 2 5* at gt in same year - that would be the sign for end of ages.

By wildly optimistic I mean we start beating the dukes of the world and stop getting slaughtered by uga .
Recently we have had significantly disappointing losses to UGA .

Iirrmc, we have not scored an offensive td against uga starters in 2 years. They have scored 38 and 45 on us . I am wildly optimistic about the near future being way better. Tech scores again ! Cant wait

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am wildly optimistic, but not delusional! 2 5* at gt in same year - that would be the sign for end of ages.

By wildly optimistic I mean we start beating the dukes of the world and stop getting slaughtered by uga .
Recently we have had significantly disappointing losses to UGA .

Iirrmc, we have not scored an offensive td against uga starters in 2 years. They have scored 38 and 45 on us . I am wildly optimistic about the near future being way better. Tech scores again ! Cant wait

I hope your optimism is rewarded.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hope your optimism is rewarded.
Likewise I hope your metrics for "knowing "take specific form.

Before 17 I formed my success metrics (7-5, some total beat down acc wins, a couple of gritty end of season wins) and they were all met. Was ready to argue w the hate coach guys thru the offseason but big events intervened. Imo 18 was good enough for a possibly good 19 . 19 was the year we could show the gt offense was going to be proven valid.

With such change in 19 I will take a while to set some specifics. After watching bowls run the rpo offenses, I am EXPECTING that our offense not be a disaster as we have people that can clearly do the run part. Will get specific on metrics by start of season.