CGC...Break the silent treatment: HC & DC

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
I think guys like B-J Swilling, Jaylon King, and Graham were all recent solid 4 stars.

Looking at 247/Scout, since the rankings began in 1999, they only have us having 9 total players in the top 150.

247/Scout has CPJ having signed 14 four-star players during his tenure.
Uzzi (2008)
Lanier, Sweeting (2009)
Young, Ayers, Williams, McCoy (2010)
Thomas, Kallon (2012)
Devine (2013)
Autry (2014)
BJS (2017),
King, Graham (2018)

Was surprised at some of the other guys who weren't 4 stars like DJ White, J Hunt-Days, Stephen Hill, Travis Custis, Jamea Thomas, etc.
Stephen Hill and Travis Curtis were definitely 4 stars by Scout. That's why I use Rivals rankings because you cant access any of Scouts old rankings (only composite) and 247 has only been around for 6-7 years i think.

Rivals rankings:
6.1 = 5 star
6.0 = high 4 star
5.9 = mid 4 star
5.8 = low 4 star
5.7 = high 3 star
5.6 = mid 3 star
5.5 = low 3 star
5.4 and lower = 2 star

According to Rivals the highest ranked recruit PJ landed was Jabari Hunt-Days (#187 overall in 2011 class). He was still only a 5.8 4 star...last 5.9 4 star or higher we landed was in the 07 class (Dwyer, Morgan and Burnett)

Last edited:

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
So, I wasn't pulling my numbers from memory, but directly from the 247sports website, which used to be Scout. The numbers go back to 1999.
https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits/

Your point does show the huge variability in these ratings though, especially when drawing a line like "100-150." You say Rivals had Jabari Hunt-Days as a 4* at #187. The 247/Scout site has him as a 3* at #333. Pretty sure if he had been a UGA commit he would have been more like #88. lol.

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
So, I wasn't pulling my numbers from memory, but directly from the 247sports website, which used to be Scout. The numbers go back to 1999.
https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits/

Your point does show the huge variability in these ratings though, especially when drawing a line like "100-150." You say Rivals had Jabari Hunt-Days as a 4* at #187. The 247/Scout site has him as a 3* at #333. Pretty sure if he had been a UGA commit he would have been more like #88. lol.
247 and Scout actually used to be competitors. Scout was founded in 2002 and 247 I believe was founded in 2011. Scout went bankrupt and was bought out by 247 in 2017. Those are just composite rating(all recruiting rankings merged) you’re looking at.

I believe they use ESPN rating for the composite ratings, which I just can’t take serious because ESPN football and basketball rankings are horrid. Lol.

Last edited:

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand the obsession with getting 4 & 5 stars, but here's a small list of NFL
3 stars coming out of high school...
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Le Veon Bell
Travis Kelce
Luke Kuechly
And of course, an unrated Tom Brady!
I'm not too worried about the future, good coaching can overcome some deficits..

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
247 and Scout actually used to be competitors. Scout was founded in 2002 and 247 I believe was founded in 2011. Scout went bankrupt and was bought out by 247 in 2017. Those are just composite rating(all recruiting rankings merged) you’re looking at.

I believe they use ESPN rating for the composite ratings, which I just can’t take serious because ESPN football and basketball rankings are horrid. Lol.

Gotcha. Looks like the composite is an average of all publicly available rankings from all of the services (including Scout and 247's) combined.
https://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Rating-Explanation-81574/

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I understand the obsession with getting 4 & 5 stars, but here's a small list of NFL
3 stars coming out of high school...
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Le Veon Bell
Travis Kelce
Luke Kuechly
And of course, an unrated Tom Brady!
I'm not too worried about the future, good coaching can overcome some deficits..

Now go back and look at total number of 3,4, and 5 stars every year.