CFP - Who's in?

Which four teams do you expect to see in the CFP?

• Alabama

• Clemson

• Georgia

• Michigan

• Ohio State

• TCU

• Tennessee

• USC

• Other

• GT

Results are only viewable after voting.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm thinking TCU gets the nod in part because of their record, but also because I just don't see the committee wanting to make the Natty a two-conference playoff every year.
They deserve it. Their only loss was to the Big 12 conference champ, whom they beat earlier in the year. The Big 12 is strong this year and there's no way they get left out.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
TCU probably won't even drop to #4. They could. Will be interesting to see how high Kansas St (B12 champ) climbs in rankings.

A semifinal rematch between Michigan and tOSU isn't very intriguing to non B1G fans. That isn't supposed to mean anything, but it means something.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
TCU probably won't even drop to #4. They could. Will be interesting to see how high Kansas St (B12 champ) climbs in rankings.
I'm hoping TCU lands at #3, which would give Ohio State a shot at Ugag in the first round. Then if Michigan beats TCU, the pups would have to wade through two B1G teams to win it. But for all I know TCU would give them a better game. I just hope they lose to somebody.

slugboy

Staff member
The KState loss REALLY hurt TCU. I’m not sure how the CFP numbers compare to this, but if Hooker were still playing I’d take Tennessee over Bama. As it is, two teams are clearly in—UGA and Michigan. I’d put Ohio State in the 3 slot. If I were picking, I’d probably go for either K State or Utah for the 4th place after last weekend (yes, there are two conference champs with 3 losses and one with two losses).
I’m sure Bama is tempting, but they have two losses. I’d still lean towards more balance and put a one-loss team in over a two-loss team that didn’t win their conference.

I’ll move this to the College Sports forum, but leave a redirect for a day.

BA68F0D4-70F1-4E07-884F-2021056E2BD0.jpeg

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The KState loss REALLY hurt TCU. I’m not sure how the CFP numbers compare to this, but if Hooker were still playing I’d take Tennessee over Bama. As it is, two teams are clearly in—UGA and Michigan. I’d put Ohio State in the 3 slot. If I were picking, I’d probably go for either K State or Utah for the 4th place after last weekend (yes, there are two conference champs with 3 losses and one with two losses).
I’m sure Bama is tempting, but they have two losses. I’d still lean towards more balance and put a one-loss team in over a two-loss team that didn’t win their conference.

View attachment 13700
FEI is a nice stat, but it shouldn't be used to determine who gets into the playoff. TCU has only one loss and one of K State's 3 losses was to TCU.
TCU and K State went 1-1 against each other and K State has two additional losses against quite similar schedules. Winning is the name of the game, not FEI.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 13700
That chart sure does show how pointless FEI is.

slugboy

Staff member
This is last week’s composite:

1670167657166.png

And, up until yesterday, here’s how impressive a resume that teams put together:

1670167639630.png

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Clemson too.

USCe eliminated both Tenn & Clemson from CFB Playoff now that it's all played out.

Tenn v Clemsom in Orange Bowl... they'll have nearly a week of bowl festivities to cry on one another's shoulders. Life is a funny little thing.
Eeew…that would be an orange hell.

By the way, you forgot the ‘P’ in Clempson…but that’s okay; their fans do too, every time they spell their fight song.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Ohio State just finished having their *** kicked, on their home field, by a team (Michigan) that I don’t think can stay with uga.
Maybe TCU steps up, or uga has a mental lapse.
Hope I’m wrong and uga doesn’t just easily skate through the cfp.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Ohio State just finished having their *** kicked, on their home field, by a team (Michigan) that I don’t think can stay with uga.
Maybe TCU steps up, or uga has a mental lapse.
Hope I’m wrong and uga doesn’t just easily skate through the cfp.
This is shaping up to be a cakewalk for uga. The problem is that college football on the whole is down this year. Only one team looks like it’s a complete team in all phases of the game.

If uga loses, which I hope they do, it will only be due to a focus issue / coaching issue. At their peek they are at least 2 touchdowns better than any other team in the country.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is shaping up to be a cakewalk for uga. The problem is that college football on the whole is down this year. Only one team looks like it’s a complete team in all phases of the game.

If uga loses, which I hope they do, it will only be due to a focus issue / coaching issue. At their peek they are at least 2 touchdowns better than any other team in the country.

Unfortunately, I agree. But we can always hope for an upset.