CFP - Who's in?

Which four teams do you expect to see in the CFP?

• Alabama

• Clemson

• Georgia

• Michigan

• Ohio State

• TCU

• Tennessee

• USC

• Other

• GT

Results are only viewable after voting.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Saban game plans and gets his team ready for bowl/playoff/championship games as well or better than anyone in the business. They definitely have a better chance than TCU.
Maybe, but Saban had a chance to beat two good teams this season and failed each time. They didn’t earn the right and haven’t shown they are good enough to beat uga

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Alabama has a better chance than TCU to beat UGA. With that said, I don’t see any of the teams being discussed for the CFP that will beat UGA.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Alabama has a better chance than TCU to beat UGA. With that said, I don’t see any of the teams being discussed for the CFP that will beat UGA.
Not sure how you can say that. Alabama lost to Tenn & LSU. UGA just killed LSU today.

Alabama & TCU both played Texas (the single common opponent). Texas gifted Alabama the game & played most of it without their starting QB. TCU beat Texas relatively easily with Ewers playing the whole game. TCU has a better resume.

UGA would be a favorite over both but comparing 2022 versions of Alabama & TCU. TCU looks better to me.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how you can say that. Alabama lost to Tenn & LSU. UGA just killed LSU today.

Alabama & TCU both played Texas (the single common opponent). Texas gifted Alabama the game & played most of it without their starting QB. TCU beat Texas relatively easily with Ewers playing the whole game. TCU has a better resume.

UGA would be a favorite over both but comparing 2022 versions of Alabama & TCU. TCU looks better to me.
That’s your analysis and I respect that but see it differently.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I picked Bama as #4 based on close losses against top teams and (as near as I can tell without following them fanatically) they are back in better shape now injury-wise. But I would bet on Bama staying with uga more than the others. They are not the Bama of past/recent years of course.

Imo uga will absolutely crush either Michigan or Ohio state given the chance. TCU I’m not so sure about. I assume TCU gets in, in spite of close loss today. I think Ohio state should be out, Michigan (who I give minimal chance vs uga) rolled Ohio State just last week. The recent losses are the worst, assuming the goal is to pick the best 4 teams in terms of how they are playing right now. So a little messy putting TCU in, but they had a great year. Not an exact science, is it.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Came up with this
Overall RecordRecord Top 25Average MOVOpponent win%EPA MarginFEI
10-22-222.860.30%7.351.17
10-22-223.863.80%7.511.19
10-20-217.857.60%4.740.88
10-23-213.459.10%4.470.51

Based on this, I know who I would pick if a 10-2 team had to go.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Saban gives them a solid chance to beat anyone imo, TCU is cannon fodder in the playoffs just like Cincy last year. Does it give you a warm and fuzzy to see them in there or would you like to see teams that actually have a chance to beat uga!
Bama lost 2 games by 4 points total on the road in large hostile environments. Baton Rogue LSU and I have been told by players who played there, it is the toughest, and Knoxville, Tennessee. TCU Lost at home.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Bama lost 2 games by 4 points total on the road in large hostile environments. Baton Rogue LSU and I have been told by players who played there, it is the toughest, and Knoxville, Tennessee. TCU Lost at home.
Tennessee beat Alabama and went on the road against LSU and won by 27 points. If either of the 2 were even being considered it should be Tennessee, but neither of them deserve it so it’s a moot point.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I'm thinking TCU gets the nod in part because of their record, but also because I just don't see the committee wanting to make the Natty a two-conference playoff every year.