CFP Expansion

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, and Bama had a Miami team that turned out to be weak, Ole Miss had Louisville who turned out to be weak. My point of contention was the poster saying uga had a joke of of an ooc schedule when they scheduled two P5 opponents in Clemson and GT. It just seems like a weird point to make when the majority of top 10 teams don't have strong ooc schedules this year.
The sec-e is the weak link in UG's schedule.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok still a long shot....but...Notre Dame did not make the playoffs and was 5th. Add that to the fact the Big 12 is now saying expansion of the playoffs talk has slowed and may take longer....I think the ACC should really pound on ND of the value of making the playoffs is significantly enhanced being in a conference. Let them keep their NBC contract and give them a smaller share of the football TV money. The rest of the ACC would not be wild about ND keeping their NBC contract unless it was parlayed into significantly higher TV revenue for everyone. I would then add Navy as #16. Divide the world North and South or 4 team pods. If North and South, it would give ND the ability to play Boston College, Pittsburgh and Navy each year. I would then move to 9 team ACC schedule. 7 in division and 2 rotating (no permanent crossover) which means you play every team in a 4 year period. North Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, ND, Louisville, VA, VA Tech and Navy. South would be WF, NC, NC St, Duke, Clemson, GT, FSU and Miami. Like I said long shot but timing is right with ND playoff miss.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ok still a long shot....but...Notre Dame did not make the playoffs and was 5th. Add that to the fact the Big 12 is now saying expansion of the playoffs talk has slowed and may take longer....I think the ACC should really pound on ND of the value of making the playoffs is significantly enhanced being in a conference. Let them keep their NBC contract and give them a smaller share of the football TV money. The rest of the ACC would not be wild about ND keeping their NBC contract unless it was parlayed into significantly higher TV revenue for everyone. I would then add Navy as #16. Divide the world North and South or 4 team pods. If North and South, it would give ND the ability to play Boston College, Pittsburgh and Navy each year. I would then move to 9 team ACC schedule. 7 in division and 2 rotating (no permanent crossover) which means you play every team in a 4 year period. North Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, ND, Louisville, VA, VA Tech and Navy. South would be WF, NC, NC St, Duke, Clemson, GT, FSU and Miami. Like I said long shot but timing is right with ND playoff miss.
I have been wondering about ND getting left out, and what they might think about finally caving to a Conference. I do think the 8 (6 ConfChamps + 2) makes them feel ok staying independent, but man would it be nice to get a splash entrance to the conference and more of those TV Monies.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Navy is not joining the ACC. I don’t know why anybody would want them to join, nor do I even think Navy would want to join. There are basically no benefits to them joining for either the conference, or Navy.