cee lo green

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Should be a comment in many of the other threads, didnt want to make a new one, but this is big. Watching Atl Utd and cee lo green is at the game and given a prime time interview. CGC is just trying to tap into this energy, taking advantage of Hotlanta. Win or lose, the man is not an idiot. Atl has a lot to sell.

Anyone else see that?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Should be a comment in many of the other threads, didnt want to make a new one, but this is big. Watching Atl Utd and cee lo green is at the game and given a prime time interview. CGC is just trying to tap into this energy, taking advantage of Hotlanta. Win or lose, the man is not an idiot. Atl has a lot to sell.

Anyone else see that?
What course is that on your profile picture?

Also, I won’t be surprised to see some big time music guys on campus.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Cee Lo Green is lame and irrelevant to most of the fan base, players, and recruits.

To be fair, it wasn't just Cee Lo Green. ATLUTD brought the entire Atlanta rap group Goodie Mob, of which Cee Lo was a member.

Did love in 2007 when Big Boi played a half time show. I feel like Young Jeezy may have been roaming the sidelines in the Dwyer year as well. Would be good to get some of that energy back.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
Did love in 2007 when Big Boi played a half time show. I feel like Young Jeezy may have been roaming the sidelines in the Dwyer year as well. Would be good to get some of that energy back.

I was in section 111 for that Big Boi Halftime show. There were a lot of celebs roaming around for that.

I'm not a huge fan of the music and I prefer the traditions of our band, but doing something like that again would be a big win for recruiting imo. Or even a post game show, or maybe a stage set up outside the stadium for pregame.

Do it annually on the biggest recruiting weekend. It would help. Utilize what makes Atlanta "Atlanta" and what makes the city unique and cool.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Said by no one
I m old and I like ce low

I didnt know who he was till I saw him on the voice. If he will wear not Black and Red , I would love him at bds. Very skilled musician.

I want a new fan base that's energetic and if the kids will jump around and yell bring in whatever they like. Play the music loudly and lyrics softly - problem solved.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This point has been made ad nauseum by many of us on the board. It's a shame we haven't connected our program to the myriad of stars in and out of this city. So many needle-movers are from or are connected with the city of Atlanta it's criminal we haven't made greater use of that.

I've said for years that the week of the HBCU classic in September should always be a big recruiting weekend for us.

Seemed like CPJ started to get that message to a degree so hopefully CGC will make use of it.

Ceelo's name still carries weight but I imagine some more current guys would be better 'gets'. I wouldn't turn away Ceelo Goodie tho .. unless his legal/bad P.R. stuff is still getting attention. :whistle:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I love Goodie Mob but damn, CeeLo has to be what, 50 something?? It'd be like rolling out Rod Stewart or something.
Ok its who ever the youth and jump around fans like.

(I googled your group and got a link to a song c l and they did about atl. )

Coming to bds at start of warm up is like coming early to a funeral. Imagine what the top recruits think when they see that verses top 20-30 teams. No we are not Alabama