CBS Sports piece on Coach Collins: Focus on Fun

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Probably my favorite part of the article.

That process continues next month when Georgia Tech hosts a "Future Jackets Camp" for elementary and middle schoolers. Collins says there will be ice cream trucks, water slides and DJs.

This is something we have talked about forever and other grassroot efforts of getting GT fan base younger. I’m interested in seeing what we’ll do for the local youth FB teams

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer

This is something we have talked about forever and other grassroot efforts of getting GT fan base younger. I’m interested in seeing what we’ll do for the local youth FB teams

They might be changing the format, but it's something that's been going on for some time (my nephew has gone to the football and basketball camps the last three years)

Animal02

Banned

Pro sports should take note as well The way they price families out, fewer young fans develop an interest. The one big plus for Tech now is the relatively inexpensive ticket prices that make it affordable for a family to attend.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Loved to see this as well:

Ask Collins when to go for it on fourth down, and he immediately loops in Boyle. During the final seconds of a 7-point Temple win against Navy last season, the 31-year-old Boyle can be seen at Collins' side advising on timing issues.
Boyle was a Temple offensive tackle who graduated in 2011. He is so immersed in analytics that he has been to the prestigious MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. The conference is sort of a South By Southwest hootenanny for analytics nerds. Malcolm Gladwell was there. So were Mike Leach and Jeannie Buss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk