CBK press conference (synopsis)

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I love how he picks up the microphone as an example of technology. He maybe spent too much time in Tuscaloosa!

The speech he gave to recruits tho, where he talks about mobile phones and technology and how we're the epicenter of it all... Hmmm... We can go higher, like going to Mars.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I probably read plenty of his stuff but I honestly didn’t recognize his name and had to google him.

The sports page used to be great and it alone was worth buying the paper. Not much else in the ajc was worth reading, except Lewis Grizzard (great writer even if a mutt). There really is rarely anything of value in the ajc anymore.

Understandable, he was a UGA graduate but loved Coach Dodd as did Furman Bisher. One was at the Atlanta Journal and the other was the sports editor of the Atlanta Constitution back in the day when Atlanta supported both a morning and afternoon paper. Now it is not worth reading and hardly anyone down here in Albany bothers to read it. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
I may be wrong, but when I look at the clip where he hands Marco the phone, to me it kinda looks and sounds like he is saying "Let's go". I like to think that maybe he was getting good news on a recruit.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I’m in agreement that the tweet wording was extremely poor on timing and sensitivity. He needs to issue an apology. I don’t agree that you fire him from it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Maybe. He didn’t deny anything if so. So let’s see him bring in the 5 stars in these negative recruiting wars now. 5 stars or go home. 2 years to get er done.
I am not a Paul Finebaum fan -- his analysis before and after the NC game was laughable in covering Alabama's hind end -- but one thing he said should be worth watching: after firing a bunch of coaches to get better recruiters, he found he had coaches who couldn't coach and so started replacing them, again. I have no idea where or if Key fits in that, and it is Finebaum, but he certainly got rid of a boatload of coaches. (And he will recruit Alabama-caliber players when he wins NC championships, not because he offers calculus and summer internships. Frankly I wonder how many of those players would be admitted to Tech anyway. Clemson is not Tech academically but still won't touch some of those recruits. That, in an oddly counterintuitive way, might be what 'Bama really offers.)