CBG

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks for giving more info than I did. With me taking care of my mom (stage 4 cancer), I just don't have the time to post the info like I should. Can't wait to read your post.

I really enjoy reading everyone's post on the live games to post-game thoughts people may have. THANKS!

GO JACKETS!!!
Having time to post is not as worthwhile an endeavor as what you're dealing with. Best of luck fighting the good fight!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
when are we done paying for hewitt?
I'm not sure there's a tangible answer to that question. I guess you could say we're done paying for his driving the program into the brick wall when we finally make another NCAA tournament which is at least 2 years away.... oh you meant monetarily... 3 more years in his 6 year buyout by my count

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There are multiple thoughts floating out there that we've either already paid him a lump sum or we've restructured it to give him lower payments over a longer period of time. I wish I had a better answer for you.

That's actually pretty funny. I saw a guy on Scout say definitively that we're already paid him. Another guy said definitively that it's been extended to 2016.

So, when are we done paying Hewitt? The world may never know. (Am I the only one that remembers that tootsie roll commercial?)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's actually pretty funny. I saw a guy on Scout say definitively that we're already paid him. Another guy said definitively that it's been extended to 2016.

So, when are we done paying Hewitt? The world may never know. (Am I the only one that remembers that tootsie roll commercial?)
Saw the same thing on Scout and I thought it was the latter.

I also remember the Owl.

Something to think about is that just because Hewitt's buyout ends, doesn't mean we use that money to spend on a new coach down the road. The market for the next hot young coach is determined by supply & demand. The year we were in the market, the next wave of coaches had a lot of options including staying put. That put us in a tough spot, given our budget.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Saw the same thing on Scout and I thought it was the latter.

I also remember the Owl.

Something to think about is that just because Hewitt's buyout ends, doesn't mean we use that money to spend on a new coach down the road. The market for the next hot young coach is determined by supply & demand. The year we were in the market, the next wave of coaches had a lot of options including staying put. That put us in a tough spot, given our budget.

Good point. I'm not breaking any news here as I say that the landscape of college basketball has changed to the point where staying at a place like VCU, Butler, Wichita St, etc. is a viable and somewhat more advantageous option than moving to a middling (hurts to say that) ACC squad for similar money.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Good point. I'm not breaking any news here as I say that the landscape of college basketball has changed to the point where staying at a place like VCU, Butler, Wichita St, etc. is a viable and somewhat more advantageous option than moving to a middling (hurts to say that) ACC squad for similar money.

yep-the GOOD news is you get to coach for a ACC team !--er,the bad news is you to have to play ACC teams

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Having time to post is not as worthwhile an endeavor as what you're dealing with. Best of luck fighting the good fight!

You are correct! But posting when and if I can helps to break the things I'm dealing with. Appreciate your post and many THANKS

Hoping the best for you Stinger90.

THANKS awbuzz. That means a lot :)

She is at Hospice now with only two weeks to live. Thanks to all, you guys are great!