CBB Coaching HotSeat

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Pretty good(sic) breakdown here ...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...79/the-coaches-hot-seat-all-court-performance

Rightfully lists the FBI boys, Miller (AZ), Enfield (USC), Pearl (AUB), Underwood (ILL) and Larranaga (UM) on a non-traditional hotseat. Here are some other notables I happen to agree with ...
Jim Christian, Boston College

This is a pivotal season for Christian not only because he has won just six ACC games in three seasons in Chestnut Hill but also because he has a new athletic director in Martin Jarmond. The good news is Christian has one of the best backcourts in the league with Ky Bowman and Jerome Robinson. The bad news? It's going to be tough to make a move in the ACC. Christian's deal runs through 2020.

Brad Brownell, Clemson

It came down to the wire a year ago whether Brownell would still be the Tigers' head coach this season, but athletic director Dan Radakovich gave him another season. Brownell went to the NCAA tourney in 2011, his first season, but hasn't been back in the past six years. Brownell's deal was actually extended through 2021, but the buyout dropped from $3.5 million to $1.7 million.

Who'm I kidding, this is the one you were waiting for ...
Mark Fox, Georgia

Fox is considered one of the better X's and O's guys in the SEC, but Bulldogs fans want more than a pair of NCAA tourney appearances in an eight-year span. Fox has won 145 games with the Dawgs and is 70-68 in SEC play, but this year will be critical for his future. The SEC is as loaded as it has been in years, and Georgia brings back star big man Yante Maten.

I think Avery Johnson could be on a warm(ish) non-traditional seat based on the FBI stuff. JMEO

Keep an eye on these for late-season recruiting purposes.