CB arrested

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I agree, you just can't do things like this! And, yes, I would say the same if it were my own 19 year old son! Every college student is going to take a drink but there is such a thing as a designated driver, even for a college student!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Never mind I saw it. DUI, that is ridiculous. I say kick him off

Not likely, especially when you have an assistant coach on staff who basically did the same thing. This is the unfortunate position Gregory left himself in by allowing Posterino (sp?) to stay.

I'd say the actual details should determine what happens to Bolden, but a significant suspension is probably most likely.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not only do I disagree with you guys, but I think to dismiss him from the team would be an egregious overreaction. He made a mistake. A very, very serious mistake, that could have had significant, lifelong ramifications, not just for him. The fact that no one was hurt by his poor judgement is fortunate, but in no way lessens the gravity of his action.

However, we're talking about a lapse in judgement by a kid. Not to lessen the significance of what he did, but we all did stupid things as a kid (some of us as fully grown adults too) that we regret. That didn't mean that we should have been fired from our job. I think there are appropriate punitive actions that should be taken to teach Chris about the true dangers of his poor judgement, but I think dismissal from the team is way too harsh for a non-repeated offense.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I agree with forensic here, he should absolutely have tons of community service and get every punishment imaginable but this was simply a poor decision by a 19 year old. Kicking him off the team is stupid. How many people on this board have driven a car over .08 - the answer is if you drink you probably have. How many people on this board have driven a car on only 6 hours of sleep or less? Recent research shows those 2 lost hours of sleep slows your reaction time as much or more than 4 beers. No one was hurt, he'll learn a lesson and be a better person for it.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
From the ajc - Ken Sugiura: "Last December, assistant coach Josh Postorino was arrested for DUI while on a recruiting trip in Jacksonville, Fla. He was suspended from coaching for five games."

Five games. Same in this case?