Catch Ya'll Later

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just wanted to take a moment and say my goodbye's to those of you I have had good interactions with here. This will likely be my final post on this site.

Apparently, I upset one of moderators with my post last night which I find to be completely ridiculous and just soft.

If I am going to get flagged for that post, then I will gladly spend my time elsewhere - That is just weak.

Most of you already follow me on Twitter and you can find me on the Rivals board.

Look forward to connecting with you there and I may pop-in here on occasion, but I won't be a frequent contributor moving forward.

Otherwise, it's been fun! Go Jackets!!

P.S. @kg01 - make the move and get yourself a Twitter account.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This is not directed at you. I try to avoid posting in the GTMBB and the Political section. Even if I find information that comes my way, that I would like to share.

Too much name calling, attacking and venom. Life is way too short for either poster or posters that join in. We all have opinions, created equal and what really gets to me: “We are Ga.Tech fanatics.” One and all.

A good example is Fred Jacket(hope I’m not outing him too much? Lol)is a huge Washington Nationals guy, who lives in that area of this country. We all get along well in the Baseball Forum. True, there is some tic banter.

Thank you to the Moderators, and the mainly thankless job of keeping us going!

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I assume the post has been removed as my natural curiosity had me searching for the fireworks and I can't find anything. You will be missed around here as one of the generally positive voices.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Just wanted to take a moment and say my goodbye's to those of you I have had good interactions with here. This will likely be my final post on this site.

Apparently, I upset one of moderators with my post last night which I find to be completely ridiculous and just soft.

If I am going to get flagged for that post, then I will gladly spend my time elsewhere - That is just weak.

Most of you already follow me on Twitter and you can find me on the Rivals board.

Look forward to connecting with you there and I may pop-in here on occasion, but I won't be a frequent contributor moving forward.

Otherwise, it's been fun! Go Jackets!!

P.S. @kg01 - make the move and get yourself a Twitter account.

Very sorry to hear this. Your posts have always seemed very thoughtful, well reasoned, and offered in good spirits. I for one will miss your comments.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I will miss your posts for sure as they were always on point, at least for me. I don't do social media or Rivals, so I hope maybe things will work out for your welcome return in the future. Take care.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
First, I do not have a twitter account and any reports to the contrary are arbitrary, erroneous, and flabbergassery.

Second, mods .... c'mon, man. I get it, but surely c62 gets more latitude than the jacklegs in the fball forum who've been trading ridiculous barbs for the last 6 months?

The mod-job is hard and thankless and I think we all respeck you folks. But c is basically GT board royalty. Surely something can be done? Surely ...

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First, I do not have a twitter account and any reports to the contrary are arbitrary, erroneous, and flabbergassery.

Second, mods .... c'mon, man. I get it, but surely c62 gets more latitude than the jacklegs in the fball forum who've been trading ridiculous barbs for the last 6 months?

The mod-job is hard and thankless and I think we all respeck you folks. But c is basically GT board royalty. Surely something can be done? Surely ...

KG - I appreciate that my man...I'll miss you the most. You're right, the mods do have a tough job, and I do respect them, but I take a lot of exception to being scolded on this occasion.

In fairness to the mods, they didn't suspend my account, they just agreed with someone that my post mentioning that someone had their head in the rear was abusive...

If someone can report that post as abusive - when I see way worse daily and I can get scolded for it - then this is not the place for me. Gimme a break - I'm one of the biggest optimist here.

I'll pop in from time, but if this board is going to be that soft, then I'll gladly take a self imposed break. Let me know if/when you decide to make it down to the Thrillerdome.

Deleted member 2897

Well c62, looks like the board has voted and you aren't allowed to leave and are instead forced to stay here and contribute. Yay!

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Whoa... KG01 has a burner twitter account... YES!!!! Let's keep that rumor going.

Also @connell62 don't leave, seriously don't leave. This is a great board, and I am giving a lot of Tech fans a lot of latitude. It's been a rough couple of years... I mean decades... and people are finally starting to get fed up and some are making some crazy statements... Just go read the Football forums during a game.

Let me use an example Tech people can understand. What I think is going on right now in the Tech fan base is like a super nerdy person who can't figure out a rubix cube... You see other people figuring it out, you even see other people mastering it, but you try with all your might and still there are a couple of different colored squares that you just can't move... That is Georgia Tech right now. We are the smart kid who can't figure out the rubix cube.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Hate to see you leave but I understand the sentiment.

The basketball board isn't too bad, although I wish some people would just let a certain line of discussion go but even most of those that don't think Pastner can get it done aren't too obnoxious (or those that are never say anything but that making it easy to ignore). The football board is an utter **** show though and I doubt that changes in the near future.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Everyone - thanks for all the post and private messages. I appreciate all of the support and kind words that many of you have sent my way. I didn't realize that so many people cared.

For what it's worth, I don't intend on never posting here again, but to be honest, I had already lost a lot of my desire to post here lately due to all the negativity, crying, and moaning and groaning (from the same handful).

Being reprimanded like a child for something so minuscule was the final straw for me. To whomever reported that, you really need to grow a pair!

This was once a great board for hoops discussion, because it lacked all of that, but as someone mentioned to me in private, lately it seems to be reverting to the HIVE 2.0. Don't let it get to that!!

I'll chime in on occasion, but until next time...Go Jackets!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

tenor.gif

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Being reprimanded like a child for something so minuscule was the final straw for me. To whomever reported that, you really need to grow a pair!

I've been subjected to the same treatment recently (not regarding basketball) . . . twice. I feel the same way toward the "reporters". Unfortunately I've just reached the decision to put several people on ignore. It's better not to engage them because they are apparently allowed to engage in discussions under different rules.