Caralla Interview on Packer & Durham

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Caralla might be the hardest coach to hold onto, other than maybe Thack. The players gravitate towards Coach Lew big time
Honestly the whole staff will be hard to hold on to if they start winning 8-9+ every year. Just about everybody, with the exception of Patenaude, is young and in the early stages of their coaching careers. Collins and Choice are the only 2 who I believe would probably turn down some better offers to stay at Tech. You could probably throw Coleman and Burton in that group as well. I do hope that if the program moves away from Collins that Brent Key is still around and willing to take the HC job.

Last edited:

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Yep. That’s why we started GTFAM. We had good momentum going until C19 hit.

I forgot you all had done that - hopefully we can see it kick back up as the topic of sports comes back to life. I know you worked with the administration to set it up, might be interesting you see if they would promote it, or if they are concerned about creative static before AI2020 is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScGold

Banned
Ma Tech has a top notch coaching staff. I really like how many on the staff are alum. I know the whole roof argument, but this staff has men that passionately bleed gold for the absolute best reasons. They are better coaches by a country mile than the before mentioned. I'm a little worried that one or more on this staff get bigger offers when the victories begin piling up. My answer to that is fing enjoy that ride because if that happens tech is kicking *** and taking names. THWFG!! Good weekend everyone.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I forgot you all had done that - hopefully we can see it kick back up as the topic of sports comes back to life. I know you worked with the administration to set it up, might be interesting you see if they would promote it, or if they are concerned about creative static before AI2020 is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one of the coaches to do a short video, but we have to be careful about endorsing certain things. All of the money goes to AI2020, and more specifically, the new Edge Center, which we believe will be a huge catalyst to propel the program to the next level.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
I don’t blame him going for a job with a national stage, but he’s a Tech man through and through. He hides his bias well when he calls our games on TV now, but there’s no way he isn’t still pulling for us.

He is a "pro's pro." Even against the team he grew up watching, the TarHoles, even with his dad the late "Woody" Durham calling their games, he was (& is) a Tech Man. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.