Candeto it is

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I really like having C3TO and TW on staff at the same time. As with any offense, the QB's IQ and knowledge of what you are trying to do is so important. Imagine Jordan getting the majority of the reps this year and having an entire off season to spend with those two in the film room etc. I would love to be in his shoes. If he is thirsty for knowledge, it should be a robust environment. You know, CPJ is a master of this offense and knows how it runs, but even he hasn't witnessed the field from the perspective of the QB with his own eyes or felt the speed of the game from that proximity. Our two young mentors have and their input will be so valuable.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I really like having C3TO and TW on staff at the same time. As with any offense, the QB's IQ and knowledge of what you are trying to do is so important. Imagine Jordan getting the majority of the reps this year and having an entire off season to spend with those two in the film room etc. I would love to be in his shoes. If he is thirsty for knowledge, it should be a robust environment. You know, CPJ is a master of this offense and knows how it runs, but even he hasn't witnessed the field from the perspective of the QB with his own eyes or felt the speed of the game from that proximity. Our two young mentors have and their input will be so valuable.

@Boomergump so right! The film sessions this offseason will be intense for all the young QBs. I cannot imagine a better duo to impart the knowledge and nuances of running the O that C3TO and TW!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
https://www.google.com/amp/www.syracuse.com/articles/11441312/whats_syracuse_facing_in_georg.amp

I always liked this article from a few years ago. Syracuse can create some good journalists and this article gives a lot of insight into the option. Candeto is quoted quite a bit.
Thanks. I like that a lot. Good get, with perfect illustrations.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: could be but how many ways are they run/blocked?
When they figure that out then they can say with some authority that they have figured out the offense. I'm told one of the beauties of Clemson's offense is limited QB decisions on every play, including passes. This in turn affected Taj Boyd in turning pro. The playbook was just massive in comparison, and he never mastered it. Frankly I could not see a playbook that complicated. Johnson is right. Football is a simple game. Leave it to the NFL to gunk it up.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I like that a lot. Good get, with perfect illustrations.

When they figure that out then they can say with some authority that they have figured out the offense. I'm told one of the beauties of Clemson's offense is limited QB decisions on every play, including passes. This in turn affected Taj Boyd in turning pro. The playbook was just massive in comparison, and he never mastered it. Frankly I could not see a playbook that complicated. Johnson is right. Football is a simple game. Leave it to the NFL to gunk it up.
Offense in the pros needs to be more complex imo. You are going against the best of the best, some of the things that worked in college won't work in the pros. Look at the falcons they do so much on offense and have so many wrinkles to different plays and it shows, hardly anyone can stop them. I love having cpj but I think it's hard for him to make a statement like that when he hasn't coached at that level.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Football is simple except in the NFL. They have so much film and study time, that if you have a weakness, they will exploit it. One reason you see flash in the pan QBs, suddenly become ineffective after a year or two.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Offense in the pros needs to be more complex imo. You are going against the best of the best, some of the things that worked in college won't work in the pros. Look at the falcons they do so much on offense and have so many wrinkles to different plays and it shows, hardly anyone can stop them. I love having cpj but I think it's hard for him to make a statement like that when he hasn't coached at that level.
I don't know about that. Seems to me the perceived difficulty grows as expectations grow. If one expects more -- as in, they are pros after all -- then there has to be a corresponding defense for why you won't get more. In this case it is the increasing "complexity" of the game, kind of like the "You just don't understand" card. Whether it is Bull Durham -- "see the ball, hit the ball" -- or football, the issues are the same at all levels. If you get there first with the most and take the right angles, then you have done football. No question of all the water between intent and performance, but lacking markedly superior athletes in he mix you should win those encounters on either side of the ball. Now whether he intended it at the pro level I don't know, but lord knows failure is always accompanied by battalions of alibis. Keep it simple seems to work.