Can You Name Them All?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I have this exact same picture, along with the football one hanging in my apartment. Can you name all the players in this picture? Good luck because I cant lol But the photo does come with a paper that has them all listed. Good luck!
GT history.jpg

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Thats about as big as I can get it unless someone can post a better, more clear image. I didnt think this through lol.

Mods if you want to delete, please feel free.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Brook Steppe is #14 at the bottom right near 33 Sammy Drummer and Haitian Sensation Yvon Joseph. Rich Yunkus is the big LH #40 to the right of Mark Price. Henry “Bruce” Dalrymple is 45 left of center. Was Pete or Jim Thorne #24 or ?
The rest is too blurry for my sight.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think that is #42, Tommy Wilson above Yunkus, top right. Above Cremins, with his head touching the court is Dwayne Morrison, flat top. Al Ciraldo is directly below Coach Dodd. Tico Brown is down at the bottom with the ‘fro. I think Buddy Blemker is #10, it’s not noodles Craig Neal. The guy dunking the ball above Cremins’ right eardrum is Jim Wood, #24. Duanne Ferrell to the left above Jack Mansell #34. Coach Alexander, below them.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I got my magnifying glass out, because this is a well intentioned post. Bringing back memories.

Over the John Salley right shoulder, looks like John Hoggle. Near the very top left in that bunching of players, the LH shooter looks like Frank Samoylo? Again, near Frank to his left, #5 is Bob “Peanut” Murphy(played the 4 spot on an undersized team)who was 6’2” and the tall thin guy shooting a FT underhanded might possibly be Andy McCain from Myd.? Steve Sherbak is #32.

Correction above: That might be a young Coach Hyder, not Coach Dodd.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Is that Lenny Horton #34 to the left of Bruce D.?
What about Tom the Terminator/Truck Hammonds, very bottom left dunking, #20?
Who is D3? Certainly not Dave Denton or David Didenko.

Last edited:

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I got my magnifying glass out, because this is a well intentioned post. Bringing back memories.

Over the John Salley right shoulder, looks like John Hoggle. Near the very top left in that bunching of players, the LH shooter looks like Frank Samoylo? Again, near Frank to his left, #5 is Bob “Peanut” Murphy(played the 4 spot on an undersized team)who was 6’2” and the tall thin guy shooting a FT underhanded might possibly be Andy McCain from Myd.? Steve Sherbak is #32.

Correction above: That might be a young Coach Hyder, not Coach Dodd.

wow, going into the history books.I remember playing pick-up vs Frank in school. A LOT stronger than he looked.