Can the ACC catch the SEC in the conference rankings?

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm my opinion as a GT and Tennessee fan i don't believe the ACC will be able to catch the SEC. He is how i rate the top 6 conferences now

1)SEC
2)PAC 12
3)Big 10+2
4)ACC
5)Big 12
6)American Conference

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I'm my opinion as a GT and Tennessee fan i don't believe the ACC will be able to catch the SEC. He is how i rate the top 6 conferences now

1)SEC
2)PAC 12
3)Big 10+2
4)ACC
5)Big 12
6)American Conference

I'm not sure how you came up with your rankings this season. The PAC 12 is WAY down with only Washington and Stanford showing decent teams this year, and the BIG has Ohio State and Michigan playing much better than the rest of their Conference with Wisconsin hot and cold with their injuries. The ACC has Clemson, Lousiville, Miami, FSU, and North Carolina, and VA Tech, which have shown consistent Top 25 status so far this season, while other teams, like Pitt have been on the cusp. Heck, we've lost three games, one by 3 points and the other two were to Top 10 Teams at the time, so there's really no telling how good, or bad, we might be at this point.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Outside of Alabama, I think the SEC has taken a step back.
IMO, Tennessee is good not great, LSU, Florida, UGA, Ole Miss are pretty average.
I would put Clemson and Louisville behind Alabama ahead of all the rest.
On the next level I think the ACC is better and has more parity than the SEC ... FSU, UM, UNC, VT

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO, Tennessee is good not great, LSU, Florida, UGA, Ole Miss are pretty average.
On the next level I think the ACC is better and has more parity than the SEC ... FSU, UM, UNC, VT
I think if Tennessee finishes the regular season 10-2 they will be somewhere between #8-#10

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

1)SEC
2)PAC 12
3)Big 10+2
4)ACC
5)Big 12
6)American Conference
Seriously? Bama, ole miss and Texas a&m are the only schools in the sec that are really good and Clemson, and Louisville can play with any of those three. Then you have UGA Florida Tennessee and Arkansas that are a step lower and the acc has FSU, Pitt, tar hells, Miami, VT , and even GT who can play with any of those 4 teams and could be a toss up to who would win.

Acc is definitely really close to the sec but just a small step behind imo.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Seriously? Bama, ole miss and Texas a&m are the only schools in the sec that are really good and Clemson, and Louisville can play with any of those three. Then you have UGA Florida Tennessee and Arkansas that are a step lower and the acc has FSU, Pitt, tar hells, Miami, VT , and even GT who can play with any of those 4 teams and could be a toss up to who would win.

Acc is definitely really close to the sec but just a small step behind imo.
I've seen a prediction on ESPN that had Tennessee playing Louisville in the Orange Bowl. Remember Tennessee beat VT 45-24 and that could very well be VT's only loss in the regular season.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Wow the PAC12 second? I haven’t been impressed. BIG10+2 has 3 good teams, a mediocre MSU this year and the rest are awful. Nebraska is doing ok too. They’re at least winning the close games. BIG12 is about the same as the BIG10 with 3 good teams and the rest not very good. I don’t really think Tennessee has made as big of leaps this year as much as the other teams went backwards. VT fumbled 5 times (mostly unforced) to hand them that game. They did the same thing against Liberty. They are a much different team now. You can almost say the ACC really only has 3 top teams as well.

My longstanding statement still stands from what I’ve seen. Pretty much every conference is even. PAC12 takes a big hit because Oregon is beyond bad now. I’d almost say BIG10 and PAC12 are the weakest but I absolutely despise conference rankings because every year it’s complete subjective BS.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just for my prediction fun. Tennessee will finish 9-3 with losses to A&M, Bama, and Mizzou. Yes Mizzou.
I can't see them finishing worse than 10-2. Nobody in Tennessee's last 5 games South Carolina,Tennessee Tech,Kentucky,Missouri and Vanderbilt will have more than 5 wins.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I do think the ACC is the 2nd best conference overall. I also agree that if you throw NFL Tuscaloosa out of the equation, the ACC could arguably be even with the SEC. I do wish that VT would have done better against UT. They kind of got throttled after the 1st half, and I do not think UT is even the 3rd best team in the SEC. If I had to rank the SEC, I would rank them this way:

Bammer and the devil
Texas A&M (some of the best athletes in the country)
Ole Miss (cheating does work)
Tenn and butchieboy

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Great analysis! I agree!