Can Tech steal the ATL chant?

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Deion brought the chop to the braves. Is there a way that who ever is in charge of the game day atmosphere, can plug this in? I think it would solidify that we are the team for ATL, and would get our fans excited.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
gosh, I really never thought of tech as an atlanta city school or representative....i know its in atlanta, but I am kinda just good with the ones we already do not so well; and not sure the viking clap is done in american football much...i mean, it could be I guess...just not something some fans would catch on too. Alot of people don't care, watch or know about soccer....that attend our games is my guess..some do.

eh anyway its a cool chant, but I think if it gets adopted...it makes sense for the Falcons first.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Deion brought the chop to the braves. Is there a way that who ever is in charge of the game day atmosphere, can plug this in? I think it would solidify that we are the team for ATL, and would get our fans excited.
What's the ATL chant? A few years ago we adopted/hijacked "I Put On."

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I don't know the chant, but it sounds like an excellent idea, imo.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Question to the ATL UD fans - how did they organize it so that people knew what they were doing?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
^ that's a pretty universal soccer chant (insert team name). Fan groups usually have some cheer-leaders on ladders in the front to show the uninitiated. But the whole clap-faster thing is a soccer mainstay.

"yellow" "jackets" is just fine when we have people amped enough to carry it. (i.e. night games)

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Question to the ATL UD fans - how did they organize it so that people knew what they were doing?
There are a group of fans that sit in the end zone near the "Chant Leader?", typically called the "Outlaws", that know all the chants and are very loud and usually intoxicated. They usually know all the chants. The ATL chant is pretty simple.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

They post chants and stuff online and in game programs. Then different sections (with different supporter groups) have a Capo who is just like the lead person. They communicate with the others to get cheers started in their general area. Essentially they have people direction when and what to do. Tech does it with the band and video board.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, I've always thought it'd be hilarious if fans were given Kuzoos like the Mississippi state cowbells. Imagine a stadium full of people blowing Kuzoos to sound like bees. It would probably be more funny and annoying than effective but whatever. Other option would be the illegal and deafening Vuvuzela