Can someone please answer for sure? Refs? ACC or SEC today?

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Just read Shultz article titled short takes on the ajc. He said they were sec refs.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
It would be better if the refs came from a third conference, particularly in heated rivalry games. Less chance for conflicts of interest to color their view of the games.

Ever since the Stanks fumble, the sec refs have been ridiculous in ooc games. They lost credibility long ago IMO. We should threaten to drop the series unless they agree to neutral conference refs for cofh.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Ever since the Stanks fumble, the sec refs have been ridiculous in ooc games. They lost credibility long ago IMO. We should threaten to drop the series unless they agree to neutral conference refs for cofh.
This is the perfect time to threaten to back out. We just got a W despite the refs.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I am re watching the game now and I just watched the pooch/on side kick recovery for tech......i swear the officials were looking for any reason not to give the ball to us, almost like they were waiting for the head ref to come up with some made up new rule. Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist coming out in me but they looked just as disappointed as the mutt fans lol

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
1st quarter w/ 2:50 left, JT ran out of bounds and UGA's #88 purposefully lowered his shoulder into JeT's helmet. Ref was right there. Blatant, Dbag move. No call.

1st quarter w/ 0:30 left, Laskey is stuffed at the line by 3 UGA defenders. The ref blows the whistle. Then another UGA defender joins in, all 4 defenders continue to drive laskey to the ground well after the play was dead. Once on the ground, UGA #84 drives his helmets into Laskey and starts talking ****. Laskey doesn't react, get's up, and the ref immediately grabs laskey around the neck and yells at Laskey. Oh and no flag.

2nd quarter w/7:27 left, UGA #17 is pushed out of bounds.While out of bounds, UGA #17 purposely throws a forearm shiver into the head of a GT player on the sideline. Contact may have been inevitable, the shot to the head was intentional and again a Dbag move. Ref was right there. no call.

When you add that to the no whistle on the Smelter injury play and the JeT TD / "fumble return for a td" - it's inexcusable officiating. I mean, we had at least 1 call go our way, I'm not complaining about that...you can't leave the game in the ref's hand on the road. But, when you jeopardize player's safety because of either a bias or incompetence, you should be fired.