Can 1980 Repeat?

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was there and remember. It was a strange game. Our qbs must have all been injured and we played a tight end at qb. Some time very late in the game ND faced a fourth down around midfield. It took them forever to figure out what to do. They didn't want the embarrassment of taking a tie to us, but finally figured they didn't want to risk a loss. They punted.

We have had several games through the years that we had no business winning but we did. What motivated us that year is the same as this; a losing team's only chance at glory is beating a highly ranked opponent. Many times after such a game we wonder where that team was when we lost to North East Idaho or some such.

To Bwelbo's point above, I think we will know a lot the first couple of times ND has the ball. If we get tackles near the line on running plays, we'll know we came to play.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No, because it was 40 years ago.

It's always hate week, right @kg01?

right.gif

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
I posted this elsewhere...

Man, if we were any good at football right now, this would be the perfect trap game.

ND is favored over us by 20 latest info I got, and since the schedule came out they were already fixated on their season-defining game next week. With the news they might not have to face Lawrence next week being the headline of all sports outlets all day today, all they're thinking and talking about is their Clemson game and what it means for their playoff hopes, completely looking past our game tomorrow. I'll bet they're all studying film on Uiagalelei right now. It's a PERFECT setup for a collossal upset... but...