Can 1980 Repeat?

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Was there when 'ol Notre Dame came to town very tightly rated.....

Tech was not having a very good year.....

A bolt of lighting struck of of a clear blue, early November afternoon....

Long story made short, Notre Dame was embarrassed by lowly Ga. Tech with a final score of 3 to 3.

Great time to be on the flats. Understand it was a very long trip home to South Bend!

Can it happen 40 years later?

Absolutely! Duck Notre Fame!

That is all. THWG.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck

Long story made short, Notre Dame was embarrassed by lowly Ga. Tech with a final score of 3 to 3.

Great time to be on the flats. Understand it was a very long trip home to South Bend!

That is all. THWG.
Hope not.

I mean, I’ll take a W, but remember what else happened in 1980 in the college football world?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

That is all. THWG.

We'd have to make a field goal to tie ND 3-3. Highly unlikely this year.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

That is all. THWG.
No. That is all THWG

Natsdd

Georgia Tech Fan
No. Games no longer can end in a tie. 1976 most likely will not repeat either as we will undoubtedly attempt a pass.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
If we needed to score 3 points I think I’d like our chances of getting a safety AND a 1 point safety in the same game more than I would of making a field goal.

Pretty sure we’ve still had more kicks blocked than kicks made at this point. XPs included

Safeties require tackling. Not sure I'm willing to count on that either. Though maybe after three incomplete passes the punter could snap it through the end zone... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That is all. THWG.
So I was at that game. There was no way we were going to even compete and then we won. Yes, I know it was 3-3 but that was a Tech win. I consider this the greatest Tech game I ever saw in person or on TV.

Deleted member 2897

So I was at that game. There was no way we were going to even compete and then we won. Yes, I know it was 3-3 but that was a Tech win. I consider this the greatest Tech game I ever saw in person or on TV.

It seems like in those games...Miami last year, Florida State 2015. After about the first quarter you can tell if we’re having a good day. You can just feel it.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Such a horrible year 2020 has been. This game and the Clemson game were supposed to be money makers for Tech. And it use to be when Notre Dame came to town it was a big deal. Remember when ESPN's Gameday showed up at Tech for a GT vs ND game. That was huge. Now we're just hoping we can play a good game. Those were dark times for Tech football when we beat them 3-3 forty years ago. But who knows, sometimes a football bounces different ways.

Deleted member 2897

IIRC, the only game where it seemed we were truly focused and fired up was FSU. Maybe UCF , but I didn't see that one. Why is that ??

I was thinking back to 1 minute into the UCF game. Remember that? We had just beat Florida State and were 1-0. 1 minute into the game against a #11 UCF it was already 7-0. Boy have things changed.