Camp Q&A

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
With camp heating up and the Jackets having Sunday off...I figured you guys may have some questions. So feel free to ask away.

Just a FYI..There is no way that I will be able to know everything. But I have some good sources at practice who have been keeping me informed. So I will answer what I do know or give my opinion/thoughts.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Who leads in starting the other receiver spot?

Who leads in starting the other defensive end spot?

How is Joe?

Who are the players that have surprised the most in camp?

Lastly, who are the freshman that most likely will contribute this year?

I lied how is Custis doing?

Body Massage Machine

Georgia Tech Fan
1. Was Smelter consistently this good throughout camp? Does he have a high ceiling for football?

2. Does Dennis Andrews have game changing ability? Do you see him as our best A back in the years to come?

3. When everyone comes off injury will P.J. Davis be 2nd string?

4. Who is our top pass rushing threat besides Attouchu?

5. What % of snaps will Justin Thomas get?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Q: Who leads in starting the other receiver spot?

A: Summers started today so technically he is the other guy right now...When the season rolls around it will likely be Henry or Smelter.

Q: Who leads in starting the other defensive end spot?

A: Dieke...and it will very likely be him that starts come Elon.

Q: How is Joe?

A: I do not want to put out the injury before the staff does as we can get in trouble for that...but it is an upper body injury and he is likely to miss some time.

Q: Who are the players that have surprised the most in camp?

A: Noble, PJ Davis, Henry, Smelter, McNair, Commissiong.

Q: Lastly, who are the freshman that most likely will contribute this year?

A: Butker, Davis, Commissiong, Jeune.

Q: I lied how is Custis doing?

A: As CPJ covered today in his press conference he has left the team for now...will be back in January.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
1. Was Smelter consistently this good throughout camp? Does he have a high ceiling for football?

A: He has been so far...since day one he has been getting good reviews from his fellow coaches and teammates. He has a very high ceiling for football. He is going to be a key guy for us I think.

2. Does Dennis Andrews have game changing ability? Do you see him as our best A back in the years to come?

A: I think he has take it to the house ability and has a knack for making the right moves...Yes. He will likely be a three year starter for us. We did not miss on him.

3. When everyone comes off injury will P.J. Davis be 2nd string?

A: Yes..he is Nealy's backup as of now. He has been performing well throughout camp so far.

4. Who is our top pass rushing threat besides Attouchu?

A: Lately it has been Gamble at DT...This is a question that I really do not know the answer to. Crenshaw has been getting some good reviews for this during camp though.

5. What % of snaps will Justin Thomas get?

A: Ah I have no idea of this...It would be purely a guess off the top of my head. As of today I think Vad will likely get almost all of them. Justin needs to get a tad more comfortable.