Camp Day - 1

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Team started the first official practice about an hour ago now.

When/If we get any news we will pass it along...remember pads are not allowed the first few practices.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
CPJ: Did you the day off at Walmart?

BQnRivoCEAAD3jo.jpg

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
Crap! I thought Alford was an up and coming center...

Man, Morgan has had the worst luck staying healthy.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
WTF did Morgan Bailey do to deserve this karma?!? I mean, I thought for a while he just had an issue playing hurt, but 6-8 weeks is a serious injury. again.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Ouch... can I panic yet? or should I wait a few days?

Injuries are part of the game, per coachspeak. This is where depth comes into play. This is where you find out if you have recruited well.
I say relax, enjoy the season.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is Morgan out 6 weeks from now or first six week of the season. Morgan could be back at practice a week before the Duke game right?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Hard to believe Alford would leave GT and walk away from a degree here only to transfer to a smaller school... Must have some big time thinking to do...

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Burden out for year.

Godhigh has a broke hand but will be ready in a week or so.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Custis practiced today but I've heard some not so good rumors. We will see what happens.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I am a little confused on the issue with Custis. Is it a GT thing or a NCAA thing? From everything I have read, it sounds like an NCAA thing, but I feel that GT would have stricter guidelines on admitting a student than the NCAA, so I dont really understand what the problem is. Some clarification would be awesome!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Nobody really knows the issue besides the staff and they aren't allowed to comment on academic issues. All I've heard is it's not a NCAA problem and not really a GT problem but that it is "unique"

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
CPJ noted how good of shape the guys looked to be in and he said credit that to Sisk.