Camp Confidential - 8/9

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Connors should play before SD. Connors is dependable while SD has proven over and over he is not with the ball in his hands. Wasn'tSD was the #1 AB going into camp? During live game play with opposing "d's" coming at us hard and fast we will turn the ball over at an alarming rate throwing a player into a new position,especially one who was/is prone to fumbling. JMHO

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I sure hope you are wrong about Days ability to hang into the ball. We are going to need him.

I think at a minimum he will bring good blocking.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
When I was told that, the person didn't say that we would do it all the time but I certainly inferred that he was saying we would roll right most of the time. Therefore, they moved our better OT to that side.

Still. More passes wont be a roll out. Just that is how football is. Makes me nervous. Not saying what u were told is inaccurate. I just hope to hell we dont sacrifice too much for a niche play. Thats all.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Still. More passes wont be a roll out. Just that is how football is. Makes me nervous. Not saying what u were told is inaccurate. I just hope to hell we dont sacrifice too much for a niche play. Thats all.

I think you're giving it more concern than it warrants. If the defense starts selling out to stop the rollout then the backside outlet should be there. The 49ers do it all the time with Vernon Davis and I'm pretty sure that's how Orwin scored his touchdown against USC in the Sun Bowl.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think you're giving it more concern than it warrants. If the defense starts selling out to stop the rollout then the backside outlet should be there. The 49ers do it all the time with Vernon Davis and I'm pretty sure that's how Orwin scored his touchdown against USC in the Sun Bowl.

Of course. But thats assuming we can block the left side DE. With chamberlain there that is a big if. Thats my point. Backside is hugely important.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Of course. But thats assuming we can block the left side DE. With chamberlain there that is a big if. Thats my point. Backside is hugely important.

Ok gotcha. That's a fair point. It's definitely something to keep an eye on.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do LBs blitz the gap on one side versus the other... perhaps the move is to put the OT on the LB blitz side?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The play where he got creamed in Miami, the guy came from the right, BC's side. JT even rolled left and still had no time to set and throw. Point being, it really doesn't matter where the weak link is, if he gives a guy a free run, it's bad news for our qb.