Calvin Retirement?

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Calvin has already made more money than I could ever figure how to spend. I hope he will make a sizable donation to GT soon, ala Mark Texiera. I would not blame him if he retires to save his body for the rest of his life.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Something to keep in mind is that Calvin's agent has a history of toying with the retirement idea for the benefit of his clients, notably Favre.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't mind him coming over to GB with Rodgers... A GT/Packers fan can dream.

Also lets hire him to work with Joe Hamilton on our staff.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lions-on-verge-of-wasting-a-once-in-a-generation-talent-…-again-231155752.html

Wonder if he sees the writing on the wall in Detroit and wants a trade out of there before his prime playing years are gone. Easy way to force Detroit's hand. Trade me and get a sizeable return (he'll command top picks), or I'll retire and watch my portfolio of investments grow on my smartphone by the beach and you'll get nothing.
I was thinking along the same lines. If he is willing to be a #2 or 1a I think he could save some wear and tear on his body.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking along the same lines. If he is willing to be a #2 or 1a I think he could save some wear and tear on his body.
Sorry, but Calvin is #2 to nobody. The only reason he doesn't get more looks is mostly by defensive design. If he had another threat on the other side of the field where Ds couldn't skew the entire secondary towards him, he would be back to his record setting days.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't say that. It might actually get me to watch the Falcons again.
My god. If were to retire and then take a 1 year deal with the falcons...JJ and CJ would be terrible to try to match-up against. Plus he could spend a little time at BD on saturdays with recruits.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lions-on-verge-of-wasting-a-once-in-a-generation-talent-…-again-231155752.html

Wonder if he sees the writing on the wall in Detroit and wants a trade out of there before his prime playing years are gone. Easy way to force Detroit's hand. Trade me and get a sizeable return (he'll command top picks), or I'll retire and watch my portfolio of investments grow on my smartphone by the beach and you'll get nothing.
I believe he just wants out and be a part of a winner before the real end of his career.