Calvin Johnson

ToddM

I work with his cousin which enabled me to get a Tech mini helmet autographed by him in his last Year at Tech. I think that was his Jr. Year. If I remember he left early didn't he ?

Yes I am bragging

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
NFL top 100 possible #1 if he keeps it up. Think it's between him and Peyton at this point. Def better than Dez despite what he may think.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if tech will ever have anyone as talented as Calvin again he is a once in a lifetime type player

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
He's arguably the best product from the state of Georgia ever and that includes Herschel.
Those are easily the top two, but it's totally up for debate as to which one is better. I would say, as of right now that it is Herschel simply bc of his total contributions to college and pro football, whereas IMO Megatron is just getting started

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Herschel's NFL contribution happened during the draft, and then in 1988 for the cowboys he was really good. The rest of his career was so-so (USFL Career counts for nothing.) Really hurts that he couldn't/didn't play during his prime.

If we're going on college contribution I'd say Herschel - we didn't/couldn't use what we had. If it's NFL I'd say Calvin has already surpassed Herschel for the mere fact that after only 7 years in the league people are saying he's possibly the best receiver to ever play the game. He's a once in a generation player, no one will ever get another Calvin Johnson.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Herschel's NFL contribution happened during the draft, and then in 1988 for the cowboys he was really good. The rest of his career was so-so (USFL Career counts for nothing.) Really hurts that he couldn't/didn't play during his prime.

If we're going on college contribution I'd say Herschel - we didn't/couldn't use what we had. If it's NFL I'd say Calvin has already surpassed Herschel for the mere fact that after only 7 years in the league people are saying he's possibly the best receiver to ever play the game. He's a once in a generation player, no one will ever get another Calvin Johnson.
Exactly. I can name a dozen better NFL runningbacks based on career achievements. When Calvin finished his career, assuming one not cut short by injury, he'll have no peer, not even Jerry Rice.