Caesars Over/Under Win Totals for 2020

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we’ll be better, but probably rose colored glasses. We barely won 3 last year (got pretty lucky in each) and many think we’ll play a tFR QB. Schedules is harder. Who knows.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I'll take the over with Louisville. Maybe UNC too.
Might go under Va Tech. UVa? I'll go over. They lost a lot but I think Mendenhall is a pretty good coach.
I smell an under coming with Miami. They were 6-7 last year, no? They're becoming the Georgia of the ACC (as the ol ball coach, they get all these great players but then something happens to them there, or wtte)

Deleted member 2897

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Pick us to win 3-5 games every year and once every 25 years you'll look like a genius.

Scubapro

Banned
I would say under for VippySu and Dah U.
I would take an over for Pitt and Uva
I hate to say it ... but us averaging 18 points a game with a turnstile defense...three may be generous.

Scubapro

Banned
I would look at 3 wins as the floor. It's surprising that one bad transition year makes people think we will continue to be just as bad as the prior year.
Well, I am usually optimistic.
However, We will be relying on freshmen to step up and contribute from day one. Also, Collins and his o coordinator haven't shown they can either game manage or game plan effectively.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Depends on if we are allowed to do the things we are good at, instead of self-limiting. Tell me that and I will make a wager.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
According to many sources, our schedule is ranked the 4th or 5th toughest in the nation this year. Looking at our schedule objectively, this is what I see:

Clemson (14-1 in 2019) Loss Short of a miracle we aren't winning this game.

Gardner-Webb (3-9) Win. If we lose two years in a row to an FCS team we might be looking for a new coach.

UCF (10-3) Loss. This team beat Stanford, lost by one to Pitt, and trashed the Temple team that trashed us. QB is recovering from injury is only hope here.

UNC (7-6) Loss. Right now they have a more talented team than we do. Coach Mack hasn't lost it IRT recruiting.

VPISU (8-5) Loss. Hooker comes back. This is a good team. Not sure if they turn the corner under Fuente or flame out, but I don't see us beating them this year.

UVA (9-5) Loss. Mendenhall might be building something here. It will be a couple more years for us to catch up depth wise.

Pitt (8-5) Loss. This is a tossup type game for me. Their O was horrible last year, but they return a pretty decent QB. Their D was great and returns most starters. I think this is a competitive loss.

'Cuse (5-7) Win. Winnable game against mediocre team. Toss up that I'll put in the win column.

Duke (5-7) Win. I honestly think this is a game that CGC has circled. It's a "get the monkey off our back" type game for us. Duke isn't special and we will have had 8 games to work out kinks in the offense.

ND (11-2) Loss. Again, we're just not quite ready for the big time teams.

Miami (6-7) Win. Maybe the only program in the Coastal as dumpster fire as we were last year. Difference is I see us improving and don't see that yet at DaU. Could easily be a loss though.

uga (12-2) Loss. Don't see us winning in this series for another year or two.

I see 4-8 as probable. 2-10 as possible worst case, and with a little luck, 5-7 wins. The bright side is that 4 of our last 6 games are winnable, and we should continue to see team progress as the season goes on.

All that to say I can see why the prognosticators are picking 3-4 wins. Hopefully we see a rapid improvement and next year will be even better.

LibertyTurns

Banned
That’s a harsh line but I got burned last year so I’m staying away. Took me way too much more betting than I normally do to get back to “respectable losses”

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not sure I understand all this negative stuff , hell we only loss to Citadel by 3 . no spring practice not sure when they can or will start fall practice and no team we play has won a game this year.
My post may have been misleading. I’m not betting does not mean I’m thinking we’re going to tank. I personally think 5 wins is achievable and 6 wins possible. I just thought 4 wins was a lock last year and lost a lot of money on it. I’m not normally a bettor so it’s not like I have a double down type personality and am willing to take another risk. I’m going to wait until we’re more predictable again.

GTFLETCH

Banned
According to many sources, our schedule is ranked the 4th or 5th toughest in the nation this year. Looking at our schedule objectively, this is what I see:

Clemson (14-1 in 2019) Loss Short of a miracle we aren't winning this game.

Gardner-Webb (3-9) Win. If we lose two years in a row to an FCS team we might be looking for a new coach.

UCF (10-3) Loss. This team beat Stanford, lost by one to Pitt, and trashed the Temple team that trashed us. QB is recovering from injury is only hope here.

UNC (7-6) Loss. Right now they have a more talented team than we do. Coach Mack hasn't lost it IRT recruiting.

VPISU (8-5) Loss. Hooker comes back. This is a good team. Not sure if they turn the corner under Fuente or flame out, but I don't see us beating them this year.

UVA (9-5) Loss. Mendenhall might be building something here. It will be a couple more years for us to catch up depth wise.

Pitt (8-5) Loss. This is a tossup type game for me. Their O was horrible last year, but they return a pretty decent QB. Their D was great and returns most starters. I think this is a competitive loss.

'Cuse (5-7) Win. Winnable game against mediocre team. Toss up that I'll put in the win column.

Duke (5-7) Win. I honestly think this is a game that CGC has circled. It's a "get the monkey off our back" type game for us. Duke isn't special and we will have had 8 games to work out kinks in the offense.

ND (11-2) Loss. Again, we're just not quite ready for the big time teams.

Miami (6-7) Win. Maybe the only program in the Coastal as dumpster fire as we were last year. Difference is I see us improving and don't see that yet at DaU. Could easily be a loss though.

uga (12-2) Loss. Don't see us winning in this series for another year or two.

I see 4-8 as probable. 2-10 as possible worst case, and with a little luck, 5-7 wins. The bright side is that 4 of our last 6 games are winnable, and we should continue to see team progress as the season goes on.

All that to say I can see why the prognosticators are picking 3-4 wins. Hopefully we see a rapid improvement and next year will be even better.
If this is true... We are in The Bill Lewis Era Part II...... We have Upgraded our OL with Grad transfers from the SEC (current O-line has an OLE MISS Transfer and will be in second season of system) YES!!We will start the season with three fromer SEC OL in the trenches!! We have a 4 star freshman QB who was part of the Elite 11 and a Top Freshman RB along with having former 5 Star DE/4Star WR/4Star DB transfers able to play after practicing in the system for 18 months. If we can't win six with this roster, the coaching staff and AD should resign...

I would be surprised if we win less than 8.. I know a lot of folks are worried about Coach Collins after the Citadel loss and I was to, but this off season has been so good to Georgia Tech along with all teh Transfers... The roster is already rebuilt...Only a BILL LEWIS would win less than 6 games! IT is What it IS! Go Jacktes, 2020 will re-start the Bowl Streak!

GTFLETCH

Banned
Our schedule is ranked the 4th or 5th toughest in the nation this year. With a rebuilt roster from transfers and recruiting we will be young and this is what I see:

Clemson (14-1 in 2019) Loss

Gardner-Webb
(3-9) Win

UCF (10-3) Win This could go either way. My Money is on Coach Collins Defense winning the game!

UNC (7-6) Win

VPISU (8-5) Loss. After the 45-0 loss... I don't see us beating them this year.

UVA (9-5) Loss. Mendenhall is building something there.

Pitt (8-5) Win This is a tossup....My Money is on Coach Collins Defense winning the game!

'Cuse (5-7) Win. Winnable game against mediocre team.

Duke (5-7) Win.

ND (11-2) Loss.

Miami (6-7) Win.

uga (12-2) Win. QB Jake Fromm has to be replaced along with others.. This is a year that CGC pulls out a win

I see 8-4 as easily.... I also could see us 6-6...I am drinking the Geoff Collins juice... No way we do not win 6 games in year 2!

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Until Feb this yr I thought 3-5 wins, but after hearing the improvement has been much bigger between yr 1 and 2 over what i thought it would be and with the number of transfers that will play this year and make a difference IMO, I've decided 6 wins this yr, maybe 7.