Byerly Passing Video

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
To be honest, at this point in time, I really have no idea what we have in Byerly in terms of passing. There is very little meaningful tape. The spring game wasn't really helpful given the conditions and he didn't throw much last year in garbage time. I am anxious to find out because if he has a good feel for it, it could become a major factor in his bid for #1.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
TB can throw the football. He has a strong accurate arm and throws well on the run. Earning the opportunity to start, I think GT fans will be very happy with his production.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
TB can throw the football. He has a strong accurate arm and throws well on the run. Earning the opportunity to start, I think GT fans will be very happy with his production.
I hope you are right. Maybe you have seen more of him than I have. The conditions were extremely difficult the other night, so much so that it is hard to draw conclusions. Has anybody here ever tried to throw a soaking wet ball in a FB game? I have, and it is not easy. If you watched the game you would notice they weren't pulling a fresh ball out of the drier for every play. They pretty much went an entire series with a ball if it never went out of bounds.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with boomer

I also think of tb wins out there is a reason and gives us the best chance to win early on. The reason i say early on is jt could easily catch fire by game 4 or 5 and get it. Then he should start.

With all that said. Jt will win out and will start.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
interesting stat 7 of 11 passes were to RIGHT side
even vs a SECOND unit def,there was not much extra time to throw,I just don't like this passing scheme, the below 50% complete rate is no accident

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
even vs a SECOND unit def,there was not much extra time to throw,I just don't like this passing scheme, the below 50% complete rate is no accident
We don't throw to the flats like other teams with higher passing %. If you want to compare our to theirs, factor in our completed pitches and see where we stand.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
I am much more encouraged by that video than I was watching real time. He only threw one bad pass, and he had some good ones despite bad pass protection on several plays. His passes on the slant and comeback routes looked very good, and I liked how quickly he recognized blitzes and dumped it to backs on a couple of plays. He is going to be a serviceable passer at the very least, potentially better than any we've had under PJ.

More importantly, I'm encouraged by how well he runs the midline. If we can get that going again then we won't be looking at nearly as many 3rd and 9's, so having to block jailbreak rushes in obvious passing situations won't be as much of a factor.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Can you PLEASE let the play run through once without the stops first? I need to know what the heck is going on so it's not whiplash.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
It was against the FIRST unit defense. Byerly was running with the first offense - the white team featured the number 1 offense, the gold team featured the number 1 defense. Byerly's first team offense with the white always ran against the first team defense with the gold. It was 1's vs 1s (white O vs gold D) and 2's vs 2s (gold O vs white D).

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am using a wheel to progress and reverse to see what is happing.
The first motion is while I was looking at the OL pass blocking.
The second is looking at Byerly's passing mechanics

I'll try and do it right next time....

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we stop with the rewind-play-rewind-play. That is annoying
Then don't watch it. Dude went out of his way to film and break down individual plays for us and all we do can do is ***** about it? I, for one, appreciate it. I like seeing the compilations that he's put together.

That said, the slow motion and rewinding is fine but it would be good to see the whole play in its entirety first, that way you know what to look for in the slo mo parts.

MySouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Then don't watch it. Dude went out of his way to film and break down individual plays for us and all we do can do is ***** about it? I, for one, appreciate it. I like seeing the compilations that he's put together.

That said, the slow motion and rewinding is fine but it would be good to see the whole play in its entirety first, that way you know what to look for in the slo mo parts.

Yeah that would be better. I do appreciate it though, just like you said I would rather see the play first.