Bye Felicia

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@ChasonBaller and others...

Can someone speak to the quality of adidas basketball shoes these days... performance and perception?

Growing up no one I knew would touch them. Obviously adidas as a brand is way more prevalent now. Are they still considered inferior to Nike across the board with the younger basketball crowd?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

slugboy

Staff member
To confirm, you're talking about basketball shoes specifically? I recognize the popularity of ultraboosts, soccer cleats, apparel, etc.
I'm deeper on the running shoes, and there I've found Brooks to be the best, but a lot of companies have really good shoes in that category.
With the basketball shoes, I'm thinking they're probably close--both companies are big enough to have a lot of scale in manufacturing to buy big and build big. For pros, it's all custom, and guys like James Harden seem to play OK in them.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

Can someone speak to the quality of adidas basketball shoes these days... performance and perception?

Growing up no one I knew would touch them. Obviously adidas as a brand is way more prevalent now. Are they still considered inferior to Nike across the board with the younger basketball crowd?
Even though I stayed true to black mamba, the adidas D-Rose's were worn by almost everyone I knew before his career went down hill with injuries. The ultaboost are the best walking shoes ever, even though they were ridiculously hard to find in size 15. Basketball wise, they were always heavy and bulky to me like Lebron's. Though, they have started to make a turn for the better. Outside of Jordans..KD's, Kyrie's, and the playStation Paul George are the main "go-to" sneakers right now but the adidas Harden's are starting to pick up momentum. I also heard they are designing some custom shoes for Porzingis too. (They did a limited sale already) Personally speaking, I would definitely rock some Unicorn 1s.

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan

I was the same way growing up...always wanted Nike. Bought a pair of adidas running shoes with Boost a few years ago and loved them. Decided to give them a try when I needed new basketball shoes later that year and got the Lillards. They're the best basketball shoes I've ever owned.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Only real basketball shoes are Chuck Taylors

Major Brand endorsement!!!
with-moses-and-elijah-nigh-the-incarnate-lord-holds-converse-15380087.png

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Figured since we are in the slow time of the year....it's time for a new uniform thread, 3 stripes addition!
*two people in the back clap*
From here on out, the R word is not to be mentioned. Here is our first little sneak peek:

Is the “Bye bye Russell” going to be on the fronts or the backs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
I’m looking forward to Adidas doing nice work. I don’t get why people trash Russell—it’s not like they forced their way onto us. We partnered with them and they did the best they could. I wish them well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Kids these days...

Projected No. 1 pick Deandre Ayton signs with Puma
For Ayton, there was plenty of interest in pursuing a shoe deal with Puma, although the brand has been out of the basketball landscape for 20 years since signing Vince Carter in 1998. Ayton shares a connection to two of its biggest ambassadors, Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt of Jamaica and pop star Rihanna of Barbados, after growing up in the Caribbean.