Buzz Memories

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how familiar folks are with the new program rolled out by the GTAA. Just want to share my personal experience with Buzz Memories last weekend.

Prior to the season the GTAA rolled out a new GT Gameday App. Included in that are Buzz Memories that are intended to improve the gameday experience for fans (e.g., lead the team down YJA, high-five the team onto the field, coin toss kid, gameday gift bag, pregame field pass, etc). You can pay for experiences with cash or use points accrued based on your GTAA points level.

I used all of my points last weekend to take my dad on a Media Tour. It was fantastic, even for me who is privileged enough to have a basic level of media access now. We got our photo taken on the field pregame, visited the TV and radio booths, had breakfast in the media lounge, and walked through the television production truck.

What made the tour even more meaningful was shaking hands and chatting briefly with Brandon Gaudin and Roddy Jones in the radio booth. Gaudin asked my dad what he thought about last year's GT/Syracuse game. After some confusion about whether he was referencing football or basketball, we realized the punchline was the same.

While touring the production truck, the ACC network folks actually spent a good 10-15 minutes chatting with us and answering questions (heard this isn't always the case, but it happened). We were in there during the lead-up to CPJ and CutChopcliffe's pregame handshake. I was surprised by how everyone in that whole operation knew the players and storylines. I was most surprised at how casual they were in entertaining us 45 min before kickoff.

Overall it was a first class experience and kudos to the GTAA for doing what they can to keep fans entertained and coming to BDS.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I did the on field pre game photo with my Dad. It was great experience, we spent about 20-30 min on the field. Watched some of the players warm up, S. Devine walked by WOW he his huge!!!!! I agree it was 1st class, just wish they did a better job on providing more info of each event and timeframe when they start. I was thinking about doing the Media Tour for the UVA game thanks for the info.

sweeper

Georgia Tech Fan
I have to agree with the posts above. My 12 yo son was the coin toss kid. Not only was it a first class job by the Tech staff organizing Buzz Memories, it was really an event he will never forget.

As the parent, I was on the sideline at the bench when the team took the field, and he was hanging with the refs. He was a little nervous at first, but the refs were very encouraging and even engaging. After the coin toss he got to keep the coin. Coming off the field, he was walking over to me, turned around and said something to someone. When I looked up it was CPJ. My son said something to the effect of "good luck, go get 'em," CPJ smiled and waved.

That was priceless.

The Tech staff was helpful and approachable. They even emailed my photos after the game. If you don't participate in this program, you are missing out.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I definitely plan on doing as many of them as possible. Although it varies based on availability, I hope to take as much advantage of the upgrade to club seating as possible until I'm a few more years out and can aim for season tickets there. Definitely a great move by GTAA.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I have to agree with the posts above. My 12 yo son was the coin toss kid. Not only was it a first class job by the Tech staff organizing Buzz Memories, it was really an event he will never forget.

As the parent, I was on the sideline at the bench when the team took the field, and he was hanging with the refs. He was a little nervous at first, but the refs were very encouraging and even engaging. After the coin toss he got to keep the coin. Coming off the field, he was walking over to me, turned around and said something to someone. When I looked up it was CPJ. My son said something to the effect of "good luck, go get 'em," CPJ smiled and waved.

That was priceless.

The Tech staff was helpful and approachable. They even emailed my photos after the game. If you don't participate in this program, you are missing out.
A question for you , we heard the last name was Dodd? Is that as in Bobby Dodd?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member

Wow! That's awesome. Was this you and your son then?

duke_at_georgia_tech_0048.jpg

Last edited:

aday428

Georgia Tech Fan
Glad to hear you all have enjoyed the program! I work with the third-party tech start up that runs it, so this is great to hear. Leadership at Experience is mostly GT grads, so we are really proud of Buzz Memories. We are also with a large percentage of professional & college sports teams and concert venues in addition to Tech, so check us out. We definitely love hearing your feedback.

Go Jackets!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Glad to hear you all have enjoyed the program! I work with the third-party tech start up that runs it, so this is great to hear. Leadership at Experience is mostly GT grads, so we are really proud of Buzz Memories. We are also with a large percentage of professional & college sports teams and concert venues in addition to Tech, so check us out. We definitely love hearing your feedback.

Go Jackets!
PLEASE PLEASE do an app for the Windows phone.

aday428

Georgia Tech Fan
Georgia Tech maintains the GT Gameday app...so we can't really do much there. We just live inside it as one component. You might be able to get around the Windows Phone issue by going to gatech.expapp.com on your phone's browser instead of the app!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've always been vocal about getting kids into the game and making sure they have a good experience as they will be the future of GT fans...whether they end up attending GT or not. I know there are a lot of people on this board that didn't go to GT but are fans because they had great experiences at BDS on Saturdays growing up.

Pretty much nothing beats the experience of game day as a kid and watching these giants (from a kid's perspective) fight for the good guys. When one of those giants or coaches takes the time to say something to a kid, you've pretty much made their year. Those experiences are priceless to young fans and they become fans for life.

Really cool that GT is doing this.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone done the field pass for pre-game warm ups or field pass for kickoff? Any idea how long you're on the field for each?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I've always been vocal about getting kids into the game and making sure they have a good experience as they will be the future of GT fans...whether they end up attending GT or not. I know there are a lot of people on this board that didn't go to GT but are fans because they had great experiences at BDS on Saturdays growing up.

Pretty much nothing beats the experience of game day as a kid and watching these giants (from a kid's perspective) fight for the good guys. When one of those giants or coaches takes the time to say something to a kid, you've pretty much made their year. Those experiences are priceless to young fans and they become fans for life.

Really cool that GT is doing this.
Absolutely! I remember meeting (including the rest of the family) with Coach Dodd in his office two hours before kickoff against FSU in 1963!