Butker 58 yds for the win

Techster

Helluva Engineer

LibertyTurns

Banned
That’s GT crazy, out of 14 different positions in the NFL we have 3 GT players as the best in the league. If Calvin Johnson would have stayed around a few more years it would have been 4. Amazing.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Dude, I loved CPJ, but 3 players in 10 years is not good.
Not to mention Waller and Butker got way better after leaving Tech. Butker was very good his senior year but his sophomore and junior seasons were average in the FG department. One of the reasons he was a practice squad kicker until the Chiefs had an injury. I’m sure the Panthers have repeatedly kicked themselves for not protecting him. Waller also had major issues in college and didn’t live up to his ability. Credit to him recognizing his issues and getting sober. CPJ did see the talent in them though, so credit where it’s due.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not to mention Waller and Butker got way better after leaving Tech. Butker was very good his senior year but his sophomore and junior seasons were average in the FG department. One of the reasons he was a practice squad kicker until the Chiefs had an injury. I’m sure the Panthers have repeatedly kicked themselves for not protecting him. Waller also had major issues in college and didn’t live up to his ability. Credit to him recognizing his issues and getting sober. CPJ did see the talent in them though, so credit where it’s due.

CPJ wasted Waller at WR...he should have played Waller at TE like the NFL coaches.

:)

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

His career highlight came his sophomore season. Not to mention, he’s our all time leading scorer, so acting like he was only good one year is just asinine.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
His career highlight came his sophomore season. Not to mention, he’s our all time leading scorer, so acting like he was only good one year is just asinine.
I never said he was only good one year. He was very good one year and good his other years. He was a automatic in PATs but sophomore year he was 11/18 and junior year 7/11. That to me is above average but not great. When you think of Butker now though, he’s automatic from any distance and the best kicker in the NFL. Butker was never viewed as one of the best kicker in the NCAA until his senior year and even then it wasn’t enough to land him an immediate job in the NFL. Once he was in the NFL and spending all his time getting better, he took his accuracy and distance to another level entirely.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
455BF519-C32F-4633-96F9-5799C8154BEA.jpeg