Buck Farmer

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Buck is getting his first Major League start tomorrow for Detriot. Coached against him in HS as a cross town rival. Watched him develop from a raw but talented HS freshman into a polished legit pitcher and most importantly a great young man. Just wish he had transferred to play with us and we would have won it all in '07. Good luck Buck!

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Wow that's a surprise! The Tigers can be really aggressive with their pitchers. I knew he'd be a fast riser given his skill set and pedigree but I had no idea it'd be that fast. that jump from AA won't be easy. Good for him. Hope he kills it he was great to watch.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow that's a surprise! The Tigers can be really aggressive with their pitchers. I knew he'd be a fast riser given his skill set and pedigree but I had no idea it'd be that fast. that jump from AA won't be easy. Good for him. Hope he kills it he was great to watch.

Actually it's changed here recently for most organizations. AA is where the top prospects in an organization are housed. Triple A is where lifetime minor leaguers who are good enough to be called up to fill in for a week or so are housed. Found this out with a kid I used to coach who is the number 3 prospect in the Yankees organization. He's at AA Trenton and could be called up at any time.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
AA is where the top prospects in an organization are housed. Triple A is where lifetime minor leaguers who are good enough to be called up to fill in for a week or so are housed.

Well, yes and no. I'm a much bigger baseball fan that football fan and one of the reasons I like it the farm systems and development of your own players so I dive deep into that garbage. It's a little more complicated than that. But whatever, it's not worth getting into unless you really want to. I was mostly referring to Buck debuting 13 months after he was drafted. It's a year ahead of where I would have expected.

Also, I'm actually a huge Yankees fan and went to see the Thunder play last week. I assume you're talking about Tyler Austin?

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, yes and no. I'm a much bigger baseball fan that football fan and one of the reasons I like it the farm systems and development of your own players so I dive deep into that garbage. It's a little more complicated than that. But whatever, it's not worth getting into unless you really want to. I was mostly referring to Buck debuting 13 months after he was drafted. It's a year ahead of where I would have expected.

Also, I'm actually a huge Yankees fan and went to see the Thunder play last week. I assume you're talking about Tyler Austin?

Yep that's him. Tyler grew up a Yankees fan, so he is truly living his dream. If he can stay healthy, he will be up sooner rather than later. Been hit on the hand twice and once in the head which caused him to miss a lot of time. Worked him at 3rd, RF, and 1B. Kid is a beast!

As for Buck, I agree that's pretty quick. I would imagine that they want to get him up as soon as possible since he's already got 4 years of wear and tear on the arm from college.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Yep that's him. Tyler grew up a Yankees fan, so he is truly living his dream. If he can stay healthy, he will be up sooner rather than later. Been hit on the hand twice and once in the head which caused him to miss a lot of time. Worked him at 3rd, RF, and 1B. Kid is a beast!

Really late response but I just happened upon this post. I really like him as a prospect and everything you hear about him is that he's a pretty good kid which you've probably seen. Sadly the wrist injury he had really dimmed his prospect status a bit. But as he's gotten further away from it he's gotten closer to the player he appeared to be in 2012 when he was a total monster. Could be the Yankees RF of the future. Hope he pulls it off. Did he play football for you or are you a baseball coach as well?

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Really late response but I just happened upon this post. I really like him as a prospect and everything you hear about him is that he's a pretty good kid which you've probably seen. Sadly the wrist injury he had really dimmed his prospect status a bit. But as he's gotten further away from it he's gotten closer to the player he appeared to be in 2012 when he was a total monster. Could be the Yankees RF of the future. Hope he pulls it off. Did he play football for you or are you a baseball coach as well?
I coached baseball as well. People don't realize how well he can run either. We had to hit him at lead off his soph - sr year, because everyone wanted to pitch around him. It was better to have 4 people to knock him in than 1 when they walked him. We played for the State Championship his freshman year when he had 8 hrs in the playoffs. Very humble and down to earth kid.