Bubba Parham in the Transfer Portal

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Too bad he missed this year with injury. He was fun to watch when he got his shot going. He obviously just loves to play basketball. Hope he lands somewhere if he gets a waiver.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Verbal Commits has Bubba in the portal as well. He will need a medical waiver to play another season.

This just reinforces my thought that the program is looking to turn a page and start fresh.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I wondered how coaches would handle the extra year of eligibility. It made sense with last year's seniors to have an open door since they wouldn't count against the limit, but if it were me I would have told the players to plan as if they had their normal 4 years of eligibility and then play it on a case by case. No idea how Pastner handled it, but it'll be a point for the next couple of cycles across the country.

I enjoyed watching both Moore and Parham play but I'm also ready to fully embrace the next group as well. Hope both land in good places and find success.

DCjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I get the fresh start with players with how the season went. Do you guys see any changes to our coaching staff?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
One would think that would have happened at the end of the season. Get to look at assistants while all the other musical chairs are going on. But I guess it still isn't out of the realm of possibility at this point. All we can say is it didn't happen as a direct result of any end of year review with TS and CJP.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I get the fresh start with players with how the season went. Do you guys see any changes to our coaching staff?
This is entirely theoretical on my part, but I think Rev is campaigning for Low Major HC jobs ahead of the Coaches' Convention during the Final Four.

That's also the timing where we might see some assistant coach movement.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sturdivant, Saba, Smith, Deebo, J Moore, Kelly, Meka, Howard, and Devoe (unlikely) will be the only returnees.

Losing four of our first six off this past year's team will be a complete rebuild even if no one else leaves. Saba did not see the court in February or March, so he could be gone, as well.

We could have five or six incoming transfers this year. Wow!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Losing four of our first six off this past year's team will be a complete rebuild even if no one else leaves. Saba did not see the court in February or March, so he could be gone, as well.

I've had some suspicion that was a possibility with how the season played out for him. This was the perfect season for him to stamp his place in our program, but it just didn't happen.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If asst coaches change it will likely be after the Final Four. Alot of that happens during the coaches convention.

SowegaSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Sturdivant, Saba, Smith, Deebo, J Moore, Kelly, Meka, Howard, and Devoe (unlikely) will be the only returnees.

Maxwell?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

You forgot a shooting guard who's been oft injured.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You forgot a shooting guard who's been oft injured.
Yeah. I did. He's played so little I simply forgot he is still on the team. That said, I would not be surprised if he never played again at Tech. I would also not be terribly surprised if he started for us next year. He is extremely talented, but his body has not treated him well at Tech. I wonder if he might be considering a fresh start somewhere else.

He has played in six games as a Yellow Jacket and scored 32 points total. And, 22 of those came in the BC game last year that he essentially won for us.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. I did. He's played so little I simply forgot he is still on the team. That said, I would not be surprised if he never played again at Tech. I would also not be terribly surprised if he started for us next year. He is extremely talented, but his body has not treated him well at Tech. I wonder if he might be considering a fresh start somewhere else.

He has played in six games as a Yellow Jacket and scored 32 points total. And, 22 of those came in the BC game last year that he essentially won for us.
I agree. I'd love to see him healthy and out on the floor. He's aggressive going to the rim as well as deadly from the outside when he's on. He has the ability to score like J.J. Reddick did from the outside. God I hated that kid.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Verbal Commits has Bubba in the portal as well. He will need a medical waiver to play another season.

This just reinforces my thought that the program is looking to turn a page and start fresh.

It seems that Bubba is leaving the door open to possible returning...

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow

Has the staff given up on the project of Jermontae Hill already?