Bubba Blackburn MIA

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Is the rumor here still returning after the bye-week? After watching how we’ve been targeting EJ Jenkins, I know they’re going to want to use this kid for jump balls. He looks so explosive post-catch too

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Kaleb Edwards played nine snaps on defense against Clemson. Didn’t get a defensive rep against WCU but played 12 special teams snaps. He’s played the most special teams snaps on the team and has the highest special teams grade on the team.

Kenny Bennett played 14 special teams snaps against Clemson but that’s all he’s played.

Ahmari Harvey played eight punt coverage snaps against Clemson but that’s all he played.

Bennett played a lot in the last two games.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Kaleb Edwards played nine snaps on defense against Clemson. Didn’t get a defensive rep against WCU but played 12 special teams snaps. He’s played the most special teams snaps on the team and has the highest special teams grade on the team.

Kenny Bennett played 14 special teams snaps against Clemson but that’s all he’s played.

Ahmari Harvey played eight punt coverage snaps against Clemson but that’s all he played.
Edwards is red shirting

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Edwards is red shirting
Interesting question: take a kid like Edwards who has game ability but you want to redshirt. Do you pick the 4 games you play him that are the most likely to have an impact in team outcome or get him in the first 4 he is ready for.
I think you put the best team out there that gives you a chance to win.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
He’s getting closer from what I’ve heard, he has a lot of rust to chip off but should be available for the game following the bye week.
200.gif

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Anxious to see this young man play ever since he signed. He could be a big time playmaker. Hope he doesn't try to come back too soon from his injury.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Interesting question: take a kid like Edwards who has game ability but you want to redshirt. Do you pick the 4 games you play him that are the most likely to have an impact in team outcome or get him in the first 4 he is ready for.
I think you put the best team out there that gives you a chance to win.
I think they play him if there is an injury. There are at least 2 players ahead of him at each position he would play. For example. Jaylon King is now out probably until November. Edwards is till not on the depth chart.

slugboy

Staff member
I think they play him if there is an injury. There are at least 2 players ahead of him at each position he would play. For example. Jaylon King is now out probably until November. Edwards is till not on the depth chart.
Jaylon King is a DB, unless we were playing him 2-way. I think maybe you're thinking of Ryan King?

I don't think he's pushing Jenkins out of the starting lineup, but he's our second tallest WR at 6'5" and could give us some nice mismatches if we sent him AND Jenkins out at the same time.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Jaylon King is a DB, unless we were playing him 2-way. I think maybe you're thinking of Ryan King?

I don't think he's pushing Jenkins out of the starting lineup, but he's our second tallest WR at 6'5" and could give us some nice mismatches if we sent him AND Jenkins out at the same time.
They were talking about Kaleb Edwards

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

I was referring to Kaleb Edwards and Jaylon King. (It was a side convo in the Leo thread) you'll have to follow the convo up to see the full details. Someone stated they hadn't seen Kaleb Edwards. I stated he was red shirting. He is not on the depth chart. I know we were high on him and heard great things but he hasn't cracked the top 3 at safety or nickel this year. I also believe he had some issues outside of school/football.

Jaylon King has surgery Monday and will be out till mid-late November. He got hurt in the Pitt game. They asked what it would take for Edwards to play and I said more injuries, more than King. Probably take 2 more safety starters going down, or the 2 deep at nickel being hurt.