Bryan Cook

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
The more I hear about Cook and learn about him the more I like him...at first I thought it was a good hire but I was not really familiar with him. Looking ahead I think he is going to bring some new energy to this offense and provide a bit of a spark. He is someone that Coach Johnson has trust in and will honestly listen to his ideas...Maybe a change in this area will end up being a positive thing.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed. Another set of experienced eyes looking over the offense, offering creative suggestions...that can only be positive. I understand his offenses at Cal-Poly were very good, and that he had developed some impressive offensive plays and sets that kept defenses off-balances. You have to be constantly adapting in this game, and it certainly seems like he can help in that area. Especially if, like you say, Coach Johnson trusts him and will listen to him.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
The more I hear about Cook and learn about him the more I like him...at first I thought it was a good hire but I was not really familiar with him. Looking ahead I think he is going to bring some new energy to this offense and provide a bit of a spark. He is someone that Coach Johnson has trust in and will honestly listen to his ideas...Maybe a change in this area will end up being a positive thing.

I had the opportunity to meet CBC about 3 weeks ago. He seemed very intelligent and all business the way he carried himself (what I perceived as HC material). I agree. I feel he will bring alot to the table and CPJ will mesh their ideas together. However, CBC seemed like the guy that won't be here long. Other teams will come calling quickly.

gtfan3

Jolly Good Fellow
What does he bring that is different? Formations? What types of plays did he run at cal poly that he will run here that we haven't seen?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Different formations and blocking schemes. Some will be incorporated, some don't differentiate too much from what we're doing now.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think it still comes down to practice time. You can't install new stuff if you still need to rep the "old" stuff. Luckily we have a lot of veterans so that should lessen the need to rep the "old" stuff.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Coach Cook was a GA under Tenuta when I was around, so he got some good defensive training as well. I liked him. Hard for me to see him as our OC though, just because I saw him as the lowest on the totem pole back then.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
He's also a yankee in stark contrast to several of the other coaches on our staff (CPJ, Sewak, CAM, Roof) and you can definitely hear it in his voice. Coach Owens speaks that yankee dialect too. I think it's good to have that mix on the staff.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He's also a yankee in stark contrast to several of the other coaches on our staff (CPJ, Sewak, CAM, Roof) and you can definitely hear it in his voice. Coach Owens speaks that yankee dialect too. I think it's good to have that mix on the staff.

Yankee??? what is this 1813? who gives a ****?

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Seriously? Is this offensive or something? It was meant as a bit of a joke. It's just funny to me to think of cpj and sewak sounding like they're from duck dynasty (like me) and cook sounding like he's from the sopranos.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Relax. Referring to someone as a yankee is just a short-hand way of intimating to the verity that people from the south are better than people from the north.