Brian Van Gorder

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
i just saw that Van Gorder is the D coordinator at Louisville. If I recall correctly, CPJ and BVG have a rivalry dating back to the GSU days.

Should we expect some pregame hype between the two this season?? Last time we played against his D was at Notre Dame, and well. Do I really need to say what happened?

What do y’all think? How does our current O stack against their D? I have this game circled. I’m excited to see the two teams play for the first time. Leta hope we start the series off 1-0

Cam

Helluva Engineer
That game we played against ND in 2015 with BVG as DC was probably the most pitiful offensive performance I've ever seen from us. Though ND had a stud MLB back then that wrecked us. I don't know much about the Louisville personnel, but I don't think we'll have as much trouble against them.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
i just saw that Van Gorder is the D coordinator at Louisville. If I recall correctly, CPJ and BVG have a rivalry dating back to the GSU days.

Should we expect some pregame hype between the two this season?? Last time we played against his D was at Notre Dame, and well. Do I really need to say what happened?

What do y’all think? How does our current O stack against their D? I have this game circled. I’m excited to see the two teams play for the first time. Leta hope we start the series off 1-0

He was called in as a special assistant to help the puppies prepare for us in 2016. We know how that turned out.

Deleted member 2897

I wouldn't read too much into the Notre Dame game. That was the year we went 3-9. We lost @Notre Dame who finished ranked #11 in the country and we only lost by 1 score during arguably 1 of our worst few teams in program history.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
That game we played against ND in 2015 with BVG as DC was probably the most pitiful offensive performance I've ever seen from us. Though ND had a stud MLB back then that wrecked us. I don't know much about the Louisville personnel, but I don't think we'll have as much trouble against them.
It would be nice to run away from them on national television. But it’s a Friday night game. Hear they’re kinda weird

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The media/fans/boards always try to make it a thing. But CPJ is on record that he doesn't really know [or dislike] BvG at all. IIRC, prior to the ND game CPJ said on a podcast that they'd never actually met in person.

BvG got rid of CPJ's offense when he was head coach at GaSo. But I don't think Coach cares more about beating Uncle Rico than any other coach that's criticized his offense.

But hey, it's the off season. Let's invent some more intrigue while we're at it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The media/fans/boards always try to make it a thing. But CPJ is on record that he doesn't really know [or dislike] BvG at all. IIRC, prior to the ND game CPJ said on a podcast that they'd never actually met in person.

BvG got rid of CPJ's offense when he was head coach at GaSo. But I don't think Coach cares more about beating Uncle Rico than any other coach that's criticized his offense.

But hey, it's the off season. Let's invent some more intrigue while we're at it.

There is a better than even chance the pregame media and in game broadcast crews will make something of it also.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Going back to a story in the AJC several years ago, apparently BVG (or HWSNBN - he who shall not be named to GSU fans ... yes, he is their Voldemort) wondered aloud how Southern won anything with their facilities. PJ was quoted as saying, and I think he thought he was off the record, that nobody seemed to care when they were winning championships, inferring that the facilities were an excuse for the poor record under BVG I believe.
BVG couldn't get an OC. From what I heard, he wanted Monken but couldn't get him. So he wound up getting Darin Hinshaw and went away from the option.
BVG and PJ don't know each other, as far as I know. However, BVG and Sewak have crossed paths. I don't think there is any love lost there.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
How does that guy keep getting work? Has he been successful at any position he has taken?