Brenton King

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone actually know why he is not playing?

It's been stated that he was injured. Is he healthy now? Would he be starting if he was 100%?

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he's trying to get healthy from a groin/hamstring injury in fall camp. But now he's got to beat out Davis from the spot. Davis can make all of the kicks, he just had a bad day against UT.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I was encouraged by the kicking yesterday. Especially the KO's (although going 2 x 2 on FGs also helped!).

I am curious about the other kid, but mostly because we kept hearing how good he was. I keep wondering if the injury is still hampering his performance, or he is now completely healthy and just can't beat out #88.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone actually know why he is not playing?

It's been stated that he was injured. Is he healthy now? Would he be starting if he was 100%?
He didn't even warm up after the half. I didn't see the kickers warm up before the game, but from taking with others, I don't think he warmed up then either. If he was completely over his injury, I would think he would at least kick during warm ups. After the half he was pitching the ball to the pointers to simulate a snap while they warmed up.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He didn't even warm up after the half. I didn't see the kickers warm up before the game, but from taking with others, I don't think he warmed up then either. If he was completely over his injury, I would think he would at least kick during warm ups. After the half he was pitching the ball to the pointers to simulate a snap while they warmed up.
That sounds like he may have aggravated his injury during practice. He was warming up just fine before the UT game, though you could tell from his body English that he wasn't completely right.

They're tough to shake, those groin pulls. Both mine took a month to get functional from and that was without doing something like playing football. I hope he gets well soon. We may nee him.

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
It looked to me that JSU was offsides on that missed XP (or the guy got an excellent jump). While Davis still should have made it, he saw the free rusher and pushed it a little too far. I'm not too worried about the XP situation.

I thought the same thing. Haven't watched it back yet, but he seemed 3 steps past the line in no time.

That sounds like he may have aggravated his injury during practice. He was warming up just fine before the UT game, though you could tell from his body English that he wasn't completely right.

They're tough to shake, those groin pulls. Both mine took a month to get functional from and that was without doing something like playing football. I hope he gets well soon. We may nee him.
Groin injuries linger. It may be a while before he is fully recovered. Let's just hope that Davis continues to improve, and we can simply redshirt King

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Like I said in an earlier post, groin injuries tend to linger and are easily repeatable. That may account for why Davis has looked better in practice. Unless Davis just falls apart, I hope King gets a redshirt
I agree it takes a while to get over a groin injury. Has it been confirmed that's what it was? I'm just assuming he's fine or he wouldn't be trying to kick 40+ yard field goals in warm ups.

I agree it takes a while to get over a groin injury. Has it been confirmed that's what it was? I'm just assuming he's fine or he wouldn't be trying to kick 40+ yard field goals in warm ups.
Groin injury is what I heard; that's all I have to go by. The problem with groin injuries is that they can be exacerbated simply by walking too fast or running, so, as long as Davis seems to be improving over last Monday, then I am happy with King waiting.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Groin injury is what I heard; that's all I have to go by. The problem with groin injuries is that they can be exacerbated simply by walking too fast or running, so, as long as Davis seems to be improving over last Monday, then I am happy with King waiting.
Same, Davis looked way better on field goals. The only thing I am really worried about is kick offs.