Brent Key Mic'd Up

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Our pass pro should be vastly improved. That’s my expectation at least. Likely, they are spending way more time on it and with a coach that knows what he’s doing. Hopefully the running backs are getting coached up in this area as well.
Also, when you stink at something, making gains is much easier than if you're already good at it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In spring game the ol on gold and white did good job of gradually forming a collapsing pocket around the qb.
Good basics - glad to see the footwork and legal PUNCH block technique being emphasized.

In spring game
Yes defense was plain vanilla.
Yes in spite of vanilla the second team OL was not so good.
Yes, we need a lot more ol coaching to be credible against Clemson uga.

Thank goodness we have Smothers and Defoor to help w new techniques.

We are still razor thin at tackle.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I still can't believe we got Bama's OL coach, alum or not.
He's a GT grad/former SA with strong friendship with our HC. What's not to get? He also got more titles if not a salary bump. He also may see it as a good career move if he has HC aspirations. Saben ain't going no where at Bama, if Collins crashes and burns, Key would get consideration for the job. If Collins is a big success (hopefully), Key would be considered for other HC jobs.

Plus, he said recruiting is easier at GT than Bama. So there's that... ;)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
He's a GT grad/former SA with strong friendship with our HC. What's not to get? He also got more titles if not a salary bump. He also may see it as a good career move if he has HC aspirations. Saben ain't going no where at Bama, if Collins crashes and burns, Key would get consideration for the job. If Collins is a big success (hopefully), Key would be considered for other HC jobs.

Plus, I know Saban assistants get burned out working for him. It certainly looks like more fun to work for Coach Collins. I totally get it on an intellectual level. I guess I should have just said that I still find it kind of surreal.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
In spring game the ol on gold and white did good job of gradually forming a collapsing pocket around the qb.
Good basics - glad to see the footwork and legal PUNCH block technique being emphasized.

In spring game
Yes defense was plain vanilla.
Yes in spite of vanilla the second team OL was not so good.
Yes, we need a lot more ol coaching to be credible against Clemson uga.

Thank goodness we have Smothers and Defoor to help w new techniques.

We are still razor thin at tackle.

Both lines might be a hot mess this year. No way to gauge either until games begin.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Sure, sure it is. ;)