Brent Key Introductory Press Conference

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A huge, yuge takeaway was in explaining the state of the current roster was of the utmost importance.

Contrast that with how Coach Prime - who I'm a fan of, so I'm just keeping it a hun'nd - as he basically walked in and told the roster to transfer.

Sounded like COL has some issues so different scenario. But the messaging felt off there whereas Key struck a nice note here.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Deion’s intro at Colorado was all about Deion. What all Deion is going to do. How big of a difference Deion is going to make. About how it’s a privilege to play for Deion.

Brent Key’s intro at Georgia Tech is all about Georgia Tech. What Georgia Tech is going to do to get back to winning ways. How much of a special place Georgia Tech is. The identity of Georgia Tech football is going to be hard work and quiet confidence.

2 drastically different approaches, we considered both. I think I prefer the latter.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
A huge, yuge takeaway was in explaining the state of the current roster was of the utmost importance.

Contrast that with how Coach Prime - who I'm a fan of, so I'm just keeping it a hun'nd - as he basically walked in and told the roster to transfer.

Sounded like COL has some issues so different scenario. But the messaging felt off there whereas Key struck a nice note here.
I think what Leon Sandcastle said got taken a little out of context. It sounded like he was trying to tell kids that if they don't want to work, to enter the portal. Regardless, the clip seemed somewhat brutal to some of the kids in the room. He also annoited his son as the new Colorado QB (which he is likely going to be the best on that roster) but nepotism is not a good way to motivate your team.

While he could have been a splash hire, I am happy we went with Key over Sanders

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think what Leon Sandcastle said got taken a little out of context. It sounded like he was trying to tell kids that if they don't want to work, to enter the portal. Regardless, the clip seemed somewhat brutal to some of the kids in the room. He also annoited his son as the new Colorado QB (which he is likely going to be the best on that roster) but nepotism is not a good way to motivate your team.

While he could have been a splash hire, I am happy we went with Key over Sanders

Agreed it seemed more like 'if you don't wanna work, then leave'. But it's not being reported that way and the stuff with his son hit all the way wrong. Certainly a 'miss' w.r.t. inspiring the existing folks.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Agreed it seemed more like 'if you don't wanna work, then leave'. But it's not being reported that way and the stuff with his son hit all the way wrong. Certainly a 'miss' w.r.t. inspiring the existing folks.
The video tells that he lost the room. This could blow up in his face spectacularly.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
Years down the road from now…I feel sorry for the boy who has to come to the door to ask his daughter out on a date. Imagine the cross examination that will take place and the beat down that will follow if he crosses him, his wife, or his daughter. Lol he is an INTENSE individual.
As a current high schooler I can’t help But laugh imagining this 😂

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
One of my high school's FB coaches taught history, coached the track team, taught drivers ed, and painted houses in the summer to make ends meet. And won three state championships.

HS coaches are going to love CBK because he respects them. He knows what those coaches did for him years ago, and his respect for them will be reciprocated when they promote GT football to their players.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He might not have to. The campaign runs until Dec 31 and we are pretty close, I imagine his commitment is more if we don't meet the match he will make up the difference. I would bet he won't have to though (although maybe he'll make a donation anyway... that's not uncommon for coaches).
Let’s open our wallets and make CBK’s contribution irrelevant. The fans need to get behind him and the team.