Brent Key; Hiring Details....

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
.....since a few of the G.T. Swarm asked for it(OL Coach & if Rushing Co-ordinator? Assoc. H.C.?, Salary?, etc.). Place your data/info. in this thread):
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/01/alabama-ol-coach-brent-key-leaving-for-new-job.html

I was not going to acknowledge the hire until a separate thread was posted.

I have a feeling a lot of southeastern schools are not happy that they will no longer have built-in narratives to use against GT on the trail.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

I have a feeling a lot of southeastern schools are not happy that they will no longer have built-in narratives to use against GT on the trail.

They still have the big one. But we finally get to put that to the test. Hopefully having people that had to do it will help with that narrative.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I almost wonder if they’ll still push the option narrative to see if they can. If enough people repeat the same lie, they can probably fool a few recruits; even smart people can be susceptible to this.

Animal02

Banned
I almost wonder if they’ll still push the option narrative to see if they can. If enough people repeat the same lie, they can probably fool a few recruits; even smart people can be susceptible to this.
Why? they will have the truths and half truths.
Limited majors.....you really want to study engineering when you can watch grass grow and call it a degree?
Atlanta......big city, lots of crime.
You want to play in a stadium that sells half their tickets to their biggest rival
No girls at Tech.....and the ones that are there are nerds.
You really want to play school?
and if all else fails........
Calculus!

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
You'd be surprised how knowledgeable recruits are.

They have played each other, attended camps together, talk, share info on schools, follow recruiting, and recruit each other, both current and past recruits. Highschool recruiting is almost it's own culture. Not to mention their coaches.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yep, there are plenty of built in narratives against Tech.

I wanted to click "like", animal, but really I just need to say, "true". I don't have to like it to know it is true.

There are PLENTY of negative recruiting angles left against us, but I am hoping that somehow this new group of coaches can turn all of that on its head and make what was previously used as "negs" against us as "positives" for the recruits that can handle (and would like to handle) academic rigor leading to a 1st class degree.

I wanted to click "like", animal, but really I just need to say, "true". I don't have to like it to know it is true.

There are PLENTY of negative recruiting angles left against us, but I am hoping that somehow this new group of coaches can turn all of that on its head and make what was previously used as "negs" against us as "positives" for the recruits that can handle (and would like to handle) academic rigor leading to a 1st class degree.
Since several of our new coaches actually got out of Tech, that SHOULD tell recruits that the academics should not be a negative.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not sure how accurate the google search was, by giving me, a listing of 400k. under Brent Key, salary at Ga. Tech. Didn’t do a Bing or other search engines, since it’s probably too early for accuracy-more speculative.

Key @Ala.:
2016, 350k
2017, 400k
2018, 490k(per USA Today). Title: OL Coach.

One might speculate, he is making a minimum of 500k per year. In the least?