Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
“alleged”. Your standard for truth.

“More to it than that.” But no integrity to “dredge” it back up.

Hilarious.

Allegedly. I’ve never stipulated it definitely happened but yes I suspect it did. And believed same back when this first happened. I believe it should burn his bridges back to Tech if true. If not true he should disavow it as such. If true he should explain and clarify it. Simple.

Do you really need me to rehash all my points all over again? They are still there for all to see.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Brent Key has a GT email address. If someone wants answers about something someone did 10 years ago, go straight to the guy who supposedly did or did not say something. Hell, what if it was all made up by former staff that Key was talking crap because they were getting their butts kicked in recruiting by a UCF coach? Let's put that out there because unless someone was in the room when Key supposedly said or didn't say something it's all rumors.

CPJ was alleged to have said many things in recruiting, the most famous of which was documented by Brian Kelly in recruiting Stephon Tuitt. Quick, somebody make CPJ answer to negative recruiting!!

Come on fellas. It's starting to get silly...and extremely sad when grown men are making an issue of something said 10 years ago that no one can prove beyond hearsay. I know one thing for certain: NO ONE is getting the answers on a message board so it's pointless in trying to repeatedly bring up "the truth" and "answers" every time Key is mentioned on GTSwarm.

Either sack up and ask Key yourself, or shut up.

Got that email handy?

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Brent Key has a GT email address. If someone wants answers about something someone did 10 years ago, go straight to the guy who supposedly did or did not say something. Hell, what if it was all made up by former staff that Key was talking crap because they were getting their butts kicked in recruiting by a UCF coach? Let's put that out there because unless someone was in the room when Key supposedly said or didn't say something it's all rumors.

CPJ was alleged to have said many things in recruiting, the most famous of which was documented by Brian Kelly in recruiting Stephon Tuitt. Quick, somebody make CPJ answer to negative recruiting!!

Come on fellas. It's starting to get silly...and extremely sad when grown men are making an issue of something said 10 years ago that no one can prove beyond hearsay. I know one thing for certain: NO ONE is getting the answers on a message board so it's pointless in trying to repeatedly bring up "the truth" and "answers" every time Key is mentioned on GTSwarm.

Either sack up and ask Key yourself, or shut up.
Let me start by saying I generally agree with Whiskey that I think what Key did was BS, and so did a lot of others at the time, and to discredit Eric as a rumor is not really fair because he had really good intel into all things GT, and for that reason I disagree with Techster and don’t think the Tuitt situation is comparable.

But Techster otherwise nails it, we have talked ourselves in circles and no one is getting convinced here, so can we please stop talking about this? You could literally pick any page of this thread and then pick at random another page and it’s the same argument over and over over.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It’s on the website.

Try [email protected]

If his email is not set up try [email protected] (or call 404-894-5411)

Let us know what you hear. If it is that important to you then please email or call rather than spouting off something that quite possibly could be a false claim.

I’m not gonna relay anything he happens to reply to in a private email unless he grants express permission to do so. To do so here I would also need permission from the mods.

Most of y’all responding to me don’t care anyway so I’m puzzled why you would want me to relay anything if he even does respond.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not gonna relay anything he happens to reply to in a private email unless he grants express permission to do so. To do so here I would also need permission from the mods.

Most of y’all responding to me don’t care anyway so I’m puzzled why you would want me to relay anything if he even does respond.
I do care, but I know a lot of things said on forums are not true or are taken out of context.

I do not see any past posts that talk about exactly what was said between Key and the recruit. Just posts about him saying that Tech academics were hard (which is true). I see that the talks of him “negative recruiting” didn’t sit well with you. I think you should take action and email or call if it is that important to you rather than posting about it in different threads.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I do care, but I know a lot of things said on forums are not true or are taken out of context.

I do not see any past posts that talk about exactly what was said between Key and the recruit. Just posts about him saying that Tech academics were hard (which is true). I see that the talks of him “negative recruiting” didn’t sit well with you. I think you should take action and email or call if it is that important to you rather than posting about it in different threads.

Anyone who wishes to hear no further from me on this topic can either stop engaging with me in the topic....or...utilize the ignore button.

I’ve made my inquiry. My opinion on the matter is as always subject to change.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Is there a thread tool that counts how many posts a person makes in a particular thread?

I know who would be in the lead...

I haven’t even read the thread but just skimmed the last 10 pages and can guarantee it’s WC and about 5-10 people just feeding him.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Is there a thread tool that counts how many posts a person makes in a particular thread?

I know who would be in the lead...

I haven’t even read the thread but just skimmed the last 10 pages and can guarantee it’s WC and about 5-10 people just feeding him.

You should tell them to stop then and follow your own advice ;)

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Due to how this thread has transpired and that the conversation taking place in the past many pages has not progressed in the slightest, I'd say this thread and the topic has run its course. This is generally a last resort, but I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Hopefully everyone was able to relay their thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.