Breakout returning players in the new schemes?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think Camp had all the potential in the world last year, if we could throw him a pass inbounds. I hope he’ll do well.

I think Lee is going to do well on defense, or wherever he plays. I’m hoping a coaching change is good for DeFoors, and maybe the scheme change too.

Carpenter seems like a no-brainer to do well in this defense. I also hope the coaching change and scheme change does wonders for Curry. I think it will.

Quinney played well last year, especially for his age, aside from the times I saw him getting chewed out.

I think the transfers Clayton (DE) and Sims (CB) will both have good years. I think Ezzard is still sitting one?

This thread is making me feel a little weird. I think we’ll be decent at defensive end. I think with some of the offensive players moving over, we’ll do as OK at DT as we usually do. I have to admit, I went over to the roster to look at the players and see who I thought would break out, and I kept seeing Adams smiling in the middle of the page.

I think linebacker will get better. I have to hope that’s been a coaching problem.

I’m optimistic for defense. I have little doubt that special teams will be much better. I think our passing game will have problems though. I think the offensive line will be alright and eventually get to be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So reading this you think we will win the ACC :) I have no problem with that hope you are right.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Okay guys, the other thread on dynamic duo got me thinking which current players on O and D are most likely to thrive in the new schemes on O and D. This is not so easy to predict, remember a lot of people thought Vic would kill it in Woody's D.

Even though we didn't get to see Tobias in the spring game due to injury, I think he'll make an impact on offense no matter where he settles out. He's just a tough gamer who reminds me a lot of Nesbitt.

On D, Juanyeh is set up for a big year, imo. No reason other than he's a stud and has a ton of athleticism and the new D seems to put a premium on athleticism. Oh, and he's long just like coach wants in his D players.

Not i on vic. Said from day one even under roof he wasnt suited for outside. Was probably right cuz his arse sat for charlie thomas a freshman pretty quickly. Charlie could be a good asset for us. We will see.

Clearly a few of the wr will.

S wont do too much diff scheme to scheme. Cover 2 3 etc dont change much. I am not sure how much he will drop them into the box but he may.

Imo the new d scheme will end up really blooming someone in the front 7. The problem is watching this offseason I am still totally clueless as to who. Its been alot of blah and rotation. If carpenter doesnt beat out campbell he may drop down and bloom as an olb.

Offense:
Tobias Oliver will continue to be impressive.
Sanders will be the breakout
Look for Cottrell to be a pass catcher and run some sweeps

Defense:
Both Swillings and of course Juyanyeh

Special Teams
Well, we don't want it but Harvin will win the Ray Guy
Juyanyeh will be a All American with kick and punt returns.

Wells will be solid

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Oliver may end up at WR/DB over the summer.
I think Mason will have a great season.
LJ will have a breakout season.
Camp will look good.
The entire OLine will impress as not being horrible.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
From your lips to God's ears. I am nervous, but hope that CBK has the raw materials he needs to transform the OL.
Question: Is it harder to transform a heavy dancin' bear into a lean mean fightin' machine or the opposite? The answer is simple: the opposite. CPJ did the former, which is more difficult and did it his first season and with great success.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Question: Is it harder to transform a heavy dancin' bear into a lean mean fightin' machine or the opposite? The answer is simple: the opposite. CPJ did the former, which is more difficult and did it his first season and with great success.
Yes, and "he actually transformed" 5 guys into attritions to the NFL.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Obviously easier to transform to bear hugging than intricate blocking .

I think this year we have 2 """ possible"" NFL type guys in Q and D playing at tackle.

Sure hope they develop under coach key as that's gonna be the signal about future high star ol recruits coming to gt.