Breakout player of the year...

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious who everyone thinks will surprise some folks on a national stage and have a big impact to our team this year. This would include not only freshman but someone who might have had little or no playing time up until this point. For instance mine would be...

Offense: DeAndre Smelter or Dennis Andrews

Defense: Adam Gotsis or Fred Holton

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if you would consider him but Offense for me has to be Vad Lee. New QB, such high expectations

Defense: Adam Gotsis or one of Dieke or Crenshaw... Those last two are more hopes at this point that they will suddenly become dominant

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Well for me I was meaning someone who has not had alot of media pub. Vad comes up in every single GT conversation on the radio/tv especially locally. So Vad is a given. He has expectations galore. But I was looking more for a perspective of a player that no one has talked about much.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
offense: JT is going to prove his value and become a great package qb who we see in every game
defense: gotsis. although i have a friend who is really excited about lynn griffin and our safeties may be our biggest question mark on defense, so that could be interesting as well

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Shamire DeVine. I believe he will balloon to 800 lbs and they'll have to "Breakout" his butt from his dorm room.

But with all kidding aside, I would say my breakout player would be Anthony Williams. Or at least I hope to see him breakout since he is more suited for DE in a 4-3 defense as oppose to being a OLB in a 3-4 or whatever position they were trying him out for. Plus, he's a former 4-star player and if he has success, it might sway his little bro to play for Ted Roof.