Breakout player of the year...

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by IronJacket7, Jul 22, 2013.

1. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

I'm curious who everyone thinks will surprise some folks on a national stage and have a big impact to our team this year. This would include not only freshman but someone who might have had little or no playing time up until this point. For instance mine would be...

Offense: DeAndre Smelter or Dennis Andrews

Defense: Adam Gotsis or Fred Holton

2. GTrob21

GTrob21 Helluva Engineer

Not sure if you would consider him but Offense for me has to be Vad Lee. New QB, such high expectations

Defense: Adam Gotsis or one of Dieke or Crenshaw... Those last two are more hopes at this point that they will suddenly become dominant

3. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Well for me I was meaning someone who has not had alot of media pub. Vad comes up in every single GT conversation on the radio/tv especially locally. So Vad is a given. He has expectations galore. But I was looking more for a perspective of a player that no one has talked about much.

4. bat_082994

bat_082994 Helluva Engineer

Offense: Bostic
    Defense: Holton or Milton

5. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Offense: Snoddy/Smelter
    Defense: Holton/Gamble

6. Jn4heisman

Jn4heisman Jolly Good Fellow

Offense: Bostic
    Defense: Anthony Williams

7. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

I'll go with Bostic and Williams too. There's just something about these two...and the fact that not many are talking about either of them.

8. GTrob21

GTrob21 Helluva Engineer

I love Bostic, I think he is a gamer

9. gt13

gt13 Ramblin' Wreck

offense: JT is going to prove his value and become a great package qb who we see in every game
    defense: gotsis. although i have a friend who is really excited about lynn griffin and our safeties may be our biggest question mark on defense, so that could be interesting as well

10. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

11. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

Shamire DeVine. I believe he will balloon to 800 lbs and they'll have to "Breakout" his butt from his dorm room.

But with all kidding aside, I would say my breakout player would be Anthony Williams. Or at least I hope to see him breakout since he is more suited for DE in a 4-3 defense as oppose to being a OLB in a 3-4 or whatever position they were trying him out for. Plus, he's a former 4-star player and if he has success, it might sway his little bro to play for Ted Roof.

12. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Williams, Milton

Andrews, Smelter

13. Tempest_12

Tempest_12 Ramblin' Wreck

I'm going for

Offence: Days

Defence: Golden

14. UrinatesOnDawgs

UrinatesOnDawgs Jolly Good Fellow

Jemea Thomas, Hands down. Will be one of the best DBs in the nation when all the chips fall.

15. texasjacket

texasjacket Ramblin' Wreck

It better be a WR or an extremely sticky hand A back. We need some to open the top on coverages.