Breaking: Virginia just cancelled its spring football practice

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
It seems the start of spring practice (24 March) in Va has been cancelled...possibly just postponed for a decision to come later.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Word is ACC is going to cancel all Spring Sports (SEC is expected to do the same)

Duke has already put out a statement saying they are cancelling all spring sports.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
hopefully not The Masters

Internal talk/rumors coming from Augusta (I’m in the gold business) is that Augusta National is weighing cancelling everything patron-oriented...spectators for practice and competition rounds, par 3 tournament, etc). Supposedly will have a decision next week.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Word is ACC is going to cancel all Spring Sports (SEC is expected to do the same)

Duke has already put out a statement saying they are cancelling all spring sports.
Word now all Nov games this year will be canceled due to the upcoming flu season . Word is out from the Tech AD due to the cancellation of all 3 home games in the Nov games there will be no refund but if you will send in a donation of $500 we will send you a letter of apology and 2 yes that's right 2 coasters left over from a few years ago and for another $100 we will also send you a coupon for Chinese food good for any restaurant in China.

Internal talk/rumors coming from Augusta (I’m in the gold business) is that Augusta National is weighing cancelling everything patron-oriented...spectators for practice and competition rounds, par 3 tournament, etc). Supposedly will have a decision next week.
As you know, I live in Augusta, and I have not heard that. The Augusta National sent out an email to patrons last week saying they would not cancel. And like all other outdoor events, I just don't see the need to cancel them. Indoor sports, yes,; outdoor sports, no.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
As you know, I live in Augusta, and I have not heard that. The Augusta National sent out an email to patrons last week saying they would not cancel. And like all other outdoor events, I just don't see the need to cancel them. Indoor sports, yes,; outdoor sports, no.

That’s supposed to say golf business, but you know that. The talk is definitely not to cancel the competition itself, but not allowing fan presence is being talked about.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

Wrong thread for it, but here’s the latest article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...rons-onto-course-sources-tell-golf-digest/amp

Being in the golf industry, along with having friends that work there and even within the Golf Channel, barring fans is definitely on the table right now and actively being discussed. We in the industry are hearing it a lot at this point.

Wrong thread for it, but here’s the latest article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...rons-onto-course-sources-tell-golf-digest/amp

Being in the golf industry, along with having friends that work there and even within the Golf Channel, barring fans is definitely on the table right now and actively being discussed. We in the industry are hearing it a lot at this point.
Thanks. I had not seen or even heard that. I don't imagine that is going to please many people, including my annual house guests, and it will, as I have said before, have a SEVERE economic impact on all of Augusta.