Breaking out Blue Jerseys Saturday

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I know I can ignore individual members... can I setup to ignore any thread with versions of the words uniforms or jerseys or colors? This is tic... I know how to ignore threads based on their titles. .... don't want anyone actually writing code on this. (y)

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
7811dae8c7ab89f163038657eb616a99.png

(great addition from a UGA fan on reddit)

I'm sure it's an intentional miss print so the new uni would come as a surprise.

Waiting for the official "wear Blue" announcement to come after 7PM Friday evening.
Won't do me any good. I don't own a navy shirt and have no intention of buying one anytime soon. For that matter, I have no intention of buying any kind of shirt anytime soon.

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought the option offense was 100% responsible for tarnishing the brand & creating a lack of interest? Now I'm confused! Haha

Don't let me confuse you. IMO, we have been pretty poor at marketing the GT athletic brand for a long time. Winning helps make it less of an obvious issue but its an issue regardless for us that Todd is trying to help with. You have to think the switch to Adidas helps big time (since they know how to market athletic brands) and we will eventually play as good as we now look.

When you write the things down that we have to offer, its somewhat amazing that we have not done a better job of marketing those things to the correct people. We are digging out of a hole in many ways as it related to branding...again winning and losing changes how the fans see this detail but the reality is always there.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Showed the uniform to a couple teenagers in an afters school program I work with occasionally and they all think they're super slick. The best quote was that "Those are too cool to be Georgia Tech". Seem like they're a hit with the 16 year old range so hopefully recruits love em.

Don't you know that the most important constituency to please is the alums? I mean who cares if the younger crowd who actually might WEAR the uniforms think they are slick (I hope the heavy dose of sarcasm was detectable)... I think today's uniforms are the coolest ones I've seen in a very long time. And I'm all for moving into the 21st century.

GT_EE78

Banned
I think there is something about the gold numbers on navy that works. It feels really fresh and that's what you want in an alternate IMO. It's nothing crazy in terms of design, and no unapproved colors used, just a small change makes them look very different.
fresh , yea , like a feminine hygiene product

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what kind of inspiration they are talking about but that looks nothing like 1990. Looks like Pitt. Maybe they should've taken the time to actually look at a picture of the 1990 uniforms before creating this crap.

Those 1990 unis were great. Really popped, IMO.

Er, actually January 1, 1991.