Breaking News!! Artificial Turf

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
There she is in all her glory. Coconut infill has yet to be placed though
Thought this was interesting. This is from a re-sod a couple of years ago, and it looks damn near identical to the new turf, seams and all.
8D31E0CB-0C8A-4722-85C5-DC8B8D90F638.jpeg

And while I think @Gold1 ’s gold end zone proposal looks great and needs to be utilized during the season, I hope these are still in the mix. With a white outline on the midfield GT this paint scheme would also be perfect
5BA3148A-ABEB-4B3A-BD3F-4D8A2D6EB86A.jpeg

And I hope the traditional white out paint scheme doesn’t go anywhere, which I’m sure it won’t. The white out fields always look really good, maybe go with full white end zone fill with gold letters though. And of course, a gold sideline border instead of navy.
3B35EF49-E3FF-4ED8-9EF2-73707B54B68D.jpeg

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what kind of work is going into the facade on the Wardlaw. The "Welcome to Grant Field at Historic Bobby Dodd Stadium" as well as "National Champions 1917 1928 1952 1990" isn't there.
Whatever they’re doing the fresh white paint on it and the rest of the stadium looks clean

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what kind of work is going into the facade on the Wardlaw. The "Welcome to Grant Field at Historic Bobby Dodd Stadium" as well as "National Champions 1917 1928 1952 1990" isn't there.
Good spot. Definitely a new coat of white paint, and it looks like they might be getting ready to update the “Georgia Tech” lettering since that area hasn’t been painted. I hope they just go with “Tech” in the new font or maybe go all out with “TECH x ATL” for something new and striking. Plus it ties the school’s connection with technology in the city to football. Light it up gold for night games with the “T” in ATL lit up in white and I bet it would look pretty sweet.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Thought this was interesting. This is from a re-sod a couple of years ago, and it looks damn near identical to the new turf, seams and all.
View attachment 8554

And while I think @Gold1 ’s gold end zone proposal looks great and needs to be utilized during the season, I hope these are still in the mix. With a white outline on the midfield GT this paint scheme would also be perfect
View attachment 8555

And I hope the traditional white out paint scheme doesn’t go anywhere, which I’m sure it won’t. The white out fields always look really good, maybe go with full white end zone fill with gold letters though. And of course, a gold sideline border instead of navy.
View attachment 8556
That's Morning Glory there, fellas! And Ladies! (in the third photo)