That’s today

Attachments

• C341EDDB-109E-4CE5-B922-217AEF3D7A18.jpeg
    C341EDDB-109E-4CE5-B922-217AEF3D7A18.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 402

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
That’s today
Love the gray turf...got a real gravel parking lot look to it. Granite Bowl? Elbert County anyone? We’ll blend right in with our CHOA unis. I kid.

In all seriousness, I hope the aesthetic of the turf doesn’t end up being a turf version of our social media posts/workout gear with all of the hashtags and “competition is king” written everywhere. I don’t want to see 40(4) at each 40 yard line.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
The Castleberry image is gone!
That thing was so faded. I hope replace the banner strip on the east stands with the hof names on it to something more permanent looking, instead of being held on with zip ties. Make it a clean look. No goofy graphics. Better yet just get rid of it all together and replace it with an led strip. I still think we need to display Clint Castleberry #19 some where. I'm glad to see these improvements, I just hope they keep the branding clean a professional looking with no goofy honeycomb graphics.

That thing was so faded. I hope replace the banner strip on the east stands with the hof names on it to something more permanent looking, instead of being held on with zip ties. Make it a clean look. No goofy graphics. Better yet just get rid of it all together and replace it with an led strip. I still think we need to display Clint Castleberry #19 some where. I'm glad to see these improvements, I just hope they keep the branding clean a professional looking with no goofy honeycomb graphics.
Would someone please tell me where the Clint Castleberry thing was. I don't even remember it.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I would think with all the messaging CGC does about team first he would not want to remove this element of our history.. Unless there is some desire to start retiring more numbers, but I certainly hope that is not the case.

I suspect it will come back, but would love to hear someone with connections beyond mine ask the question to ADTS or CGC.

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks. Since I sit in the upper east, that's why I have never seen it, or at least didn't notice it.

Dodd, thank you for sharing these photos! My 1978 Olympus 35mm is in mothballs.
I see it every game. Sit in Lower West and always thought it looked out of character. Sometimes will comment on it, and I get a "who is that?' And of course I share the story. I hope it receives a special and deserving location.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Have to assume that #19 would be honored.

Hopefully we are a classy enough program so we dont have to ID it with the name of the player.

How could every Tech fan not know?

And if we keep the H O.F. names on UE facade - I hope we remove Bobby Gaston.