BREAKING: NCAA says state of North Carolina will again be considered for championship hosting....

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
BREAKING: NCAA says state of North Carolina will again be considered for championship hosting after "bathroom bill" repeal.

It won't be to long before the announcement that the ACC football title game is in Charlottefor 2017 Season.

Link
http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2017/04/breaking-news-ncaa-says-nc-can-host.html

d95d273cd2041f4cc7655c539ea2c419.jpg

We're going to Charlotte!

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Can someone answer me this: Why has the NCAA and ACC enthusiastically pursued every opportunity to hold sporting events in China while removing events from North Carolina? Really think about that one. ... Bueller? Bernie? Hillary? Swofford? Buzz Peterson? Anybody?

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I'm curious what the NCAA does when a male tries out for a female sports team. I have seen a male compete in female weightlifting and I know there is one in MMA.
The economics (for the individual) make this scenario more and more likely.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You guys are really reaching if you think someone is gonna go through all the hell these people go through just to play a game... against girls, no less.

"Wow, I can dominate a bunch of girls in college soccer and all I have to do is get my johnson cut off, shave my body weekly, take a bunch of hormones, grow boobies, have my voice rise 3 octaves, lose all my friends, alienate my family, be ridiculed by the world, etc, etc, etc,.... sign me up!!!"

The sky is falling.

The real danger is when societies imagine/fear worst case scenarios becoming the norm and make policy that govern the land based on that irrationality.

Last edited:

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
You guys are really reaching if you think someone is gonna go through all the hell these people go through just to play a game... against girls, no less.

"Wow, I can dominate a bunch of girls in college soccer and all I have to do is get my johnson cut off, shave my body weekly, take a bunch of hormones, grow boobies, have my voice rise 3 octaves, lose all my friends, alienate my family, be ridiculed by the world, etc, etc, etc,.... sign me up!!!"

The sky is falling.

The real danger is when societies imagine/fear worst case scenarios becoming the norm and make policy that govern the land based on that irrationality.
Not saying you have to go through all those changes. The weightlifting guy had a five o'clock shadow. In NC is was about how you felt that day. It wasn't just about ones that have had the surgery. All you would have to do is say I feel like a female. With college being as expensive as it is now, why wouldn't somebody do it just for the free or partial scholarship.

Deleted member 2897

Not saying you have to go through all those changes. The weightlifting guy had a five o'clock shadow. In NC is was about how you felt that day. It wasn't just about ones that have had the surgery. All you would have to do is say I feel like a female. With college being as expensive as it is now, why wouldn't somebody do it just for the free or partial scholarship.

I don't think it matters the reason. And I think 99.999999999% is not somebody trying to play monkey games. The point is do you want to ruin women's sports or not. Because that's where we're headed with all this. It doesn't matter if you think you're a woman and even take hormones, you're still not one.

On championships potentially returning to North Carolina, let it all lay bare how transparently ridiculous the ACC was. The bathroom bill was repealed...except for the truly worst parts around discrimination towards those marginalized groups. All they really removed was the bathroom piece. The ACC football championship in Orlando sold no tickets and had the worst ever ratings. Basketball was pathetic up in NY. The truth is that the ACC lost money hand over fist by moving the games out of the central ACC stomping grounds and they were looking for any excuse possible to rectify that situation. The NC State Legislature just barely gave them enough cover to do that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it matters the reason. And I think 99.999999999% is not somebody trying to play monkey games. The point is do you want to ruin women's sports or not. Because that's where we're headed with all this. It doesn't matter if you think you're a woman and even take hormones, you're still not one.

On championships potentially returning to North Carolina, let it all lay bare how transparently ridiculous the ACC was. The bathroom bill was repealed...except for the truly worst parts around discrimination towards those marginalized groups. All they really removed was the bathroom piece. The ACC football championship in Orlando sold no tickets and had the worst ever ratings. Basketball was pathetic up in NY. The truth is that the ACC lost money hand over fist by moving the games out of the central ACC stomping grounds and they were looking for any excuse possible to rectify that situation. The NC State Legislature just barely gave them enough cover to do that.
At least I got to see my jackets play in my hometown while it lasted.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
That's silly. First of all it was one city staying non-discrimination rules for contractors and city property, not the state. it has never been illegal for a man to go jnto a women's bathroom. But any kind of harassment, physical conduct, etc has been. All Charlotte was saying is that you could not prevent a transgender person from using the bathroom they felt appropriate. Any kind of contact was still
Illegal. I think the idea that some guy is going to claim he's transgender to get some kind of scholarship is ignorant and basically impossible to pull off over a 4 year career when people are watching everything you do.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
That's silly. First of all it was one city staying non-discrimination rules for contractors and city property, not the state. it has never been illegal for a man to go jnto a women's bathroom. But any kind of harassment, physical conduct, etc has been. All Charlotte was saying is that you could not prevent a transgender person from using the bathroom they felt appropriate. Any kind of contact was still
Illegal. I think the idea that some guy is going to claim he's transgender to get some kind of scholarship is ignorant and basically impossible to pull off over a 4 year career when people are watching everything you do.
Transgendered persons rarely cause the issue. Unfortunately, blurring lines of gender has the potential to hurt women, who have fought hard to get what they deserve.

I think it could be more of an issue in business than in sports. There are grants that require women owners. Can a man identify as a woman and receive those? If not, who decides if the person is "woman" enough? I know plenty of people that would identify as whatever you would like them to identify as to get a grant to start a business.

The economy is also doing better currently. When we see another recession, it will happen eventually, you can double the above issues. In a tough economic time, to feed their kids, people will take any advantage they can get.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

I think the notion that folks in any way make up who they identify as just to sneak into a bathroom or get an advantage on the field is insulting to the folks that truly suffer from gender disorders. Sure, you will always find a nefarious person, but I don't think its helpful to all the people who suffer from an identified and documented medical condition to conflate the two together. Are there people that identify as a minority to get an advantage of a new business contract when they are only like 1/64th a minority because 1 great-great grandparent was? Yes. But that's an outlier and not the vast majority.

Now having said that, I also believe its important that we recognize that transgender people aren't actually the other gender. Over half of transgender people attempt suicide. To me this is a screaming billboard that we're doing this wrong. Everybody gets bullied - fat, ugly, pretty, skinny, black, white...that's not it. I think its an identity issue. The medical community recommends for people with gender disorders that they assume the other gender as it will help free them and make them more happy and feel in their own skin. But the piece we are missing is that they need to remember they are in fact another gender still. People with eating disorders like anorexics think they are fat, but we don't agree with them because they are literally starving themselves to death - its obvious why we don't agree with them and tell them they are fat. They are not! We should continue to let transgender people dress and act and identify how they wish - but we should not continue calling them the opposite gender. Its not true. Its a lie. They live a lie when they do that, and I think deep inside they know that. Their entire life is going to be spent in conflict still and that's not healthy. They need to fully embrace their true identity, be proud of it, and then live free. Educate people, speak openly about it when asked.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
It's not just going in a stall and doing your business. It's also locker rooms, dressing rooms, and showers.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

The sky is falling.

You don't have to do any of that to claim you're a woman for those on that side of the issue. If someone was willing to literally mutilate their genitalia, then my issue with it would be moot. Someone with a "johnson" shouldn't be able to go into the shower room with my daughter. The point is it should be based on something objective/scientific rather than feelings. Birth certificate is objective at least, but I wouldn't be opposed to say it's based on anatomy rather than birth certificate. But, that's not what the other side is arguing. They want it to be totally subjective and based on the individual's choice rather than societal norms (aka scientific, biological, anatomical norms).
And, if that's the rationale they want for bathrooms, what is the justification for making it different for sports?

Isn't the policy you seem to be advocating in your last statement doing just what that statement condemns? Let's take .001% of the population's irrational thoughts and feelings and make a law that adversely affects everyone based on that irrationality.

When you know people who have been raped in bathrooms (and you have daughters) the policy is important.

Do you really not think it makes a lot of economic sense for a guy who is really good at a sport, but not quite good enough to make it to the professional ranks to go into the women's ranks?

Also, take it the other way (and this has already happened in wrestling), a girl wants to compete in boys competition. She's allowed to take testosterone, while it is illegal for the males. Sound fair to you? It's time to do what you suggested and stop making policy based on irrationality and worse-case scenarios.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
You don't have to do any of that to claim you're a woman for those on that side of the issue. If someone was willing to literally mutilate their genitalia, then my issue with it would be moot. Someone with a "johnson" shouldn't be able to go into the shower room with my daughter. The point is it should be based on something objective/scientific rather than feelings. Birth certificate is objective at least, but I wouldn't be opposed to say it's based on anatomy rather than birth certificate. But, that's not what the other side is arguing. They want it to be totally subjective and based on the individual's choice rather than societal norms (aka scientific, biological, anatomical norms).
And, if that's the rationale they want for bathrooms, what is the justification for making it different for sports?

Isn't the policy you seem to be advocating in your last statement doing just what that statement condemns? Let's take .001% of the population's irrational thoughts and feelings and make a law that adversely affects everyone based on that irrationality.

When you know people who have been raped in bathrooms (and you have daughters) the policy is important.

Do you really not think it makes a lot of economic sense for a guy who is really good at a sport, but not quite good enough to make it to the professional ranks to go into the women's ranks?

Also, take it the other way (and this has already happened in wrestling), a girl wants to compete in boys competition. She's allowed to take testosterone, while it is illegal for the males. Sound fair to you? It's time to do what you suggested and stop making policy based on irrationality and worse-case scenarios.
Im on the other side, and I dont necessarily disagree with you.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

I don't want to get into this whole argument, but just want to point out that someone willing to rape someone in a bathroom is going to go in whether there is a law about it or not. They're already willing to break the law, what's a bathroom statute gonna do to stop them.
BTW I have 2 daughters. Constantly worrying about extreme cases gets you nowhere.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I don't want to get into this whole argument, but just want to point out that someone willing to rape someone in a bathroom is going to go in whether there is a law about it or not. They're already willing to break the law, what's a bathroom statute gonna do to stop them.
BTW I have 2 daughters. Constantly worrying about extreme cases gets you nowhere.
Seems like that logic wouldn't preclude this statement: Well, someone who's willing to force sex with a woman against her will is already willing to break the law, so what's a rape statute going to do to stop them.

Do you think it should be legal for someone with male anatomy to go into the shower room with your daughter? Like, legal, on the books, "you sir with the male parts, can go in that room naked with naked women if you feel like it."

Last edited: