Break-out names for 2017

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT has some excellent Aback players. JJ, QS, and CL all have some outstanding abilities and excellent stats. How in the heck can this group have a break out player. Nathan has a chance to really shine even among the champions listed in the Aback ranks.

Why? Because Ike was a beast of a blocker and graduated. I think Nathan has that blocking ability, runs with speed, and runs with force. When he hits you blocking you will know it (or perhaps you my remembered when you wake up), and when he hits you running the ball you will go backwards. My crystal ball has limited data, but I am going to call a 2015 type "Lynch" audible on what Nathan is going to bring to the Aback group.

Blocking wins games and I think Nathan is going to lay some people out in 2017. #ABackGrassNap #BattleFor WoundedKnee

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
GT has some excellent Aback players. JJ, QS, and CL all have some outstanding abilities and excellent stats. How in the heck can this group have a break out player. Nathan has a chance to really shine even among the champions listed in the Aback ranks.

Why? Because Ike was a beast of a blocker and graduated. I think Nathan has that blocking ability, runs with speed, and runs with force. When he hits you blocking you will know it (or perhaps you my remembered when you wake up), and when he hits you running the ball you will go backwards. My crystal ball has limited data, but I am going to call a 2015 type "Lynch" audible on what Nathan is going to bring to the Aback group.

Blocking wins games and I think Nathan is going to lay some people out in 2017. #ABackGrassNap #BattleFor WoundedKnee

I am also really excited about what Cottrell can do. I pity the LB trying to cover him on a wheel route.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am a Benson believer too. I think he will compliment Mills very well.

I don't have enough of a feel for the defensive side to try and make calls. I need at least a little bit of data on the freshman before extrapolating... There are a few players that I need to see in the first game.

SlawDog

Banned
I am a Benson believer too. I think he will compliment Mills very well.

I don't have enough of a feel for the defensive side to try and make calls. I need at least a little bit of data on the freshman before extrapolating... There are a few players that I need to see in the first game.
Speed option :sneaky:

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
Offense:
AB: Cottrell (rushing, receiving, KR beast, ala McCaffrey)
BB: Benson >600yds rushing
QB: LJ challenges MJ for QB1, message boards blow up
OL: Cooper (2nd team, all-acc)

Defense
DL: Glanton+Branch lead team in TFL
DE: Keshun returns to glory
LB: David Curry
CB: Lamont Simmons
S: Kagawa

Special Teams
PK: none
P: none
KR: Cottrell

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I also think Cottrell may have a breakout year. He's the perfect AB in terms of talent and is the fastest of all the ABs. And, as mentioned above, he can block. He was very, very bad in the spring game. I'm sure Lynch will get the most touches, but Cottrell could put the Fear of the Lord in opposing Ds.

I also think Benson/Quaid will do well at BB. Indeed, when you look at their respective size and talents what you get is much like what we would have had at BB with Leggett and Quaid in 2015. I don't have any doubt that Mills can get quality relief this year. If he gets hurt … well, we'll see.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Branch. Offensively I don’t think we’ll see many yards from anyone besides the usual suspects (unless there's an injury). Benson I would imagine would be the only one with quite a bit so I’d say him if anyone.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
You know, until you asked this I didn't realize how much of my anticipation of this season being good was simply based on guys that have at least a reasonably proven playing ability simply performing at that level and staying healthy. The biggest exception here being the kickers.

Thinking about some guys breaking out -- well that could be very exciting indeed.

And my hope is also Victor Alexander. Him stepping up in a big way would be huge.