Brandon Gaudin is leaving

KingTech

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with a former Tech broadcaster. Kyle Tait, who called for Tech baseball, is the radio broadcaster for the Braves AA affiliate

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT will not be short of candidates. Atlanta is a big media market, which represent a large (and lucrative) opportunity for side gigs outside of GT...as Wes and Brandon found out. There are a plethora of analyst/voice personality/play by play/MC opportunities for someone who's the voice of GT.

GT will get a good one again...no need to worry about that.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
We not only appreciated Brandon's work, but have also enjoyed him personally. He is simply a nice guy, and a class act. I wondered how long we could keep him. But, will wish him nothing but the very best.
Indeed. @YJAlleyCat and I got a chance to meet him just before his very first radio show. Since then, he's made a point to chat with us before every show, time permitting. Not that we're special friends or anything--he generally cycles among all the regulars, either before or after the show. He really is a great guy, and I'm happy for his success.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure IMG will have sig role again. Hopefully we get a Southerner who'll want to stay longer.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Roddy? good sidekick dude, but not play by play. Randy Waters, maybe. Tech is really going to need a strong man who can drum up interest in our football team. One thing for sure, lets not get politically correct and hire a female!!!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Best wishes and congratulations to Brandon. Each time I have meet him he is genuine and friendly.

Glad for him to be able to show his wares at GT and be able to move up the broadcast ladder. Sucks for "us" because we got lucky not to get a "stinker" when Wes also left for greener pastures.

Actually we've done well after AC retired. Hope that tradition continues.

Milwaukee

Banned
Best wishes and congratulations to Brandon. Each time I have meet him he is genuine and friendly.

Glad for him to be able to show his wares at GT and be able to move up the broadcast ladder. Sucks for "us" because we got lucky not to get a "stinker" when Wes also left for greener pastures.

Actually we've done well after AC retired. Hope that tradition continues.

Well said. I'm partial to Wes, always will be, but Brandon did a great job for us.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Roddy doesn't have any play-by-play experience does he? He can't go from sideline reporter to lead play-by-play guy for an entire athletic program simply because he's well respected and an alum. Wouldn't even be fair to him to throw him in the fire like that.

To me, it's similar to someone wanting Mark Price to coach our bball team - can't make the decision based on what's in your heart.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Roddy doesn't have any play-by-play experience does he? He can't go from sideline reporter to lead play-by-play guy for an entire athletic program simply because he's well respected and an alum. Wouldn't even be fair to him to throw him in the fire like that.

To me, it's similar to someone wanting Mark Price to coach our bball team - can't make the decision based on what's in your heart.

Sean Bedford went from sideline reporter to color analyst with only 2 years as the sideline reporter.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

I agree with your conclusion, but your comparison is poor at best.